GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes , .45 ACP for $79.00 per box of 50 FMJ 230gr. !! ... What a horrible situation - I was so close to buying a new Glock 21 Gen 4 last March at a near normal price and now so glad I didn't - or I would now have a $570 paper weight that I could not shoot ! ... As it stands now , I only shot recently after a full strip , clean & lube of my 9mm Glocks of approx. 20 rounds to ensure functionality then I stopped and went home . *Even the range I frequent was out stock of their 9mm FMJ Mexican reloads for $30.00 per box of 50 . I'll save what ammo I have left and pray for a Trump miracle win so that law abiding 2nd amendment supporters can once more have reasonably priced ammo to have fun with at the range and for gun games (i.e. IDPA, USPSA , 3 Gun , etc.)

·
Banned
8,580 Posts
My LGS has jacked the price of Silver Bear 7.62x39 to $39.99 to box. While I was there yesterday a guy bought 10 boxes.

·
Registered
211 Posts
After the dust settles consider reloading. I know some guys who are still able to shoot all they want, because they reload.
But even then, my local shops are limiting primers. 1000 each trip. I am not a competitor, so its probably enough for me, but I realize some of the shooters on this page burn through a ton of ammo. I sent for plated lead bullets and got 500, no problem.

·
NRA Life Member
913 Posts
Just got one of those test from the lgs. Hornady Frontier 55 gr 5.56 at $23/20 round box. Must text to reserve.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
But even then, my local shops are limiting primers. 1000 each trip. I am not a competitor, so its probably enough for me, but I realize some of the shooters on this page burn through a ton of ammo. I sent for plated lead bullets and got 500, no problem.

That’s why I suggest waiting until the dust settles.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
After the dust settles consider reloading. I know some guys who are still able to shoot all they want, because they reload.
Stack primers deep if you do. They vanish as quick as ammo and are usually harder to find, even at ludicrous prices, than ammo during these things.

I've just dropped below 2000 SPP and am a little irritated at letting my supply get so low prior to an election year. Still be able to shoot weekly until next summer with those and what I have loaded, but I've had to cut back on my round count, might even have to start shooting my .45s soon, or scavange my cleaned and primed .38 brass to get more 9mm made.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Back last year when wal mart was still selling 9mm I would go every week and buy a 100 or 200 round pack. while I stuck to shooting factory I have an ammo can full of primers and wooden crate with 10 varieties of rifle and pistol powder and shelves stacked with component bullets
I am starting to run low on factory 9’s ( by my standards anyway) so started reloading 9 again for practice saving factory for “important” matches like my next gssf in a couple weeks.
Based on my available reloading stuff plus factory ammo, don’t have to change my shooting habits unless the shortage lasts 2 more years.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yes , .45 ACP for $79.00 per box of 50 FMJ 230gr. !! ... What a horrible situation - I was so close to buying a new Glock 21 Gen 4 last March at a near normal price and now so glad I didn't - or I would now have a $570 paper weight that I could not shoot ! ... As it stands now , I only shot recently after a full strip , clean & lube of my 9mm Glocks of approx. 20 rounds to ensure functionality then I stopped and went home . *Even the range I frequent was out stock of their 9mm FMJ Mexican reloads for $30.00 per box of 50 . I'll save what ammo I have left and pray for a Trump miracle win so that law abiding 2nd amendment supporters can once more have reasonably priced ammo to have fun with at the range and for gun games (i.e. IDPA, USPSA , 3 Gun , etc.)

Total offense to your world outlook: it's the 2A people who are refreshing ammoseek.com by the second and buying it all up to sell it for a billion dollars.

Even targetsportusa is selling Federal/Speer/Blazer $10 more than Federal/Speer/Blazer is selling direct to consumer with free shipping on their websites.

·
Registered
168 Posts
REALLY....80bucks for a box of ammo that was maybe 12-13 dollars.....NOOOOOOO!!I'm just not shooting what I have. Gouging is F-ING out there.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Question.... If you are going to stock primers, powder and bullets...... Why not simply stock ammo, and be done?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I went back into a LGS who has the worst reputation for price explosion to buy some plastic ammo boxes and they still had the Amscor .22lr 500 bricks for $140.00

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,580 Posts
That even has its difficulties, routine stuff like 55gr FMJBT are unobtainum.

Question.... If you are going to stock primers, powder and bullets...... Why not simply stock ammo, and be done?
Handloaders traditionally save up to 80% over the cost of commercial ammo. It just costs them some personal free time.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
A co-worker called me sounding like he struck gold the other day to let me know that he found 9MM for 30cpr at a local big box store.

Pretty sad that (yes, I know, supply and demand and panics) 30cpr is considered grab it while you can price for 9MM. I passed; hoping my supply can last me until things cool off again.

·
Daca is caca
3,480 Posts
$58/50 speer gdhp 45 at recoil gun works
I just bought 3 boxes of 9 gdhp for $150 to my door

1 - 20 of 61 Posts