Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Navy Veteran
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Republic of Illinois

No drama really. Everybody was having a good time. City police called owner, told them they couldn't be open. A lot of FB posts of bar open. A lot of customers. Deputy Chief visits bar, and gives owner a letter stateing Republic of Illinois's policy that they couldn't be open. Owner thanked the Deputy. Owner told PD that she would close at her regular time that day, midnight I believe. Deputy told her if she didn't, her establishment would be reported to the State of Illinois Gestapo.
https://wgem.com/2020/05/11/quincy-bar-reopens-defies-stay-at-home-order/

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they have trouble renewing their beer/liquor permits, start failing Health Dept inspections, Fire Marshall inspections, etc. You cannot be a business owner without playing ball with .gov.

·
Mentally Frozen
28,383 Posts
Going to have coffee and breakfast tommorrow with some of my old retiree friends from work. We used to get together bi-weekly before this happened.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they have trouble renewing their beer/liquor permits, start failing Health Dept inspections, Fire Marshall inspections, etc. You cannot be a business owner without playing ball with .gov.
These days you cannot be a business owner even if you play ball with .gov.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
I hope these small business owners and their employees (and former employees) remember how big government screwed them come election day.

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,740 Posts
I saw on Fox News that a lot of business owners are starting to rebel against Big Brother.

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,740 Posts
Our .GOV here in Illinois, JB "Jelly Belly" Pritzker, is out of his flipping mind.
So is that woman dictator in Michigan.

·
****** Viejo
29,542 Posts
I wish our restaurants/bars would open soon. I miss breakfast with my old friends. I also miss lunch after gunshows/shooting range visits. tom. :crying:

·
Giant Member
5,565 Posts
If you're a business owner and going out of business over this plandemic anyway, why not go out swinging?

Then round up other like minded business owners and get on any tv/radio station, social media that'll have you and say your piece.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts