close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

We don’t have people [...] who die [...] because they have no insurance

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by WarCry, Oct 11, 2012.

1. WarCry

WarCry

2. jbotstein1

jbotstein1

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. Dave.1

Dave.1

At least not 'till their vouchers run out.

Dave

4. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

My GF works in a big city ER. Everyone gets treated from the illegal immigrant with a sore throat who calls an ambulance to avoid waiting their turn to the seriously ill on a ventilator.

Every time a Medicare or Medicaid walks in, the hospital loses $800 right off the bat.

Let’s see I pay 49% of the people’s housing, food, cell phone and now Obama-Care.:upeyes:

I might as well turn in my entire income and if I salute our rulers maybe they will give me a 500 square foot cinder block apartment and a bus pass.

5. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

So I have to carry these people on my back because they failed to to properly plan take responsibility for themselves? :upeyes:

6. WarCry

WarCry

According to Gov. Romney, yes.

7. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Then vote Obama and see the rationing Obama-Care brings. I know a lot of doctors who will retire if Obama-Care stays.

The healthcare problem is a jobs problem. The Democrats let the good jobs with healthcare go overseas so now 49% want the other guy to pay their way in the world.

We pay too much already. I may retire as life is short and am tired of the rat race. Get your free healthcare from someone else.

8. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

"Does anyone know of an ER that will give regularly scheduled chemo? Or dialysis?"

Almost all dialysis or transplant patients are eligible for Medicare.

Anyone needing dialysis (even as early as when the first appointment is scheduled) should be on Medicare. The dialysis centers know all of this. The hospitals, too.

John

9. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

I worked in dialysis units through college. No one who needs dialysis is denied dialysis. They are either privately insured, covered by medicare or covered by medicaid.

That said, no citizen should be forced to pay to keep another citizen alive.

10. WarCry

WarCry

So, then you support tax-funded medical care then. Why NOT just expand Medicare? Because it's a government take over?

Can't have the cake and eat it, too.

11. glockdoc21

glockdoc21

Since EMTALA (look it up) was passed. NO ONE has died from needing dialysis...trust me.

12. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

This pot seems duly stirred. :upeyes:

Paul Ryan has a great plan. We have one thing to do to implement it.

What it WILL mean is that retirees WILL have to pay more for THEIR OWN health care. Forgive me, but TOUGH POO! I'm tired of being told that I am REQUIRED to pay for someone's health care JUST BECAUSE they are old. I have retired MILLIONAIRES who want me (and you) to pay for their health care.

Medicare is the fastest growing segment of federal government and will be for the next 30 years. Something must be done so that these people pay a FAIR share of their own costs. I pay 100% of mine. So go figure it out, folks.

13. WarCry

WarCry

But see, that is exactly the problem. The point of the ACA was to get people to buy their own insurance, and if they don't, they pay a tax penalty to offset the costs going to the government.

What Gov. Romney is saying is that you should NOT be required to buy health insurance, because if you REALLY need help, you go to the ER and if you can't pay, then some charity (not likely, as they're stretched to the breaking) or the GOVERNMENT will have to step in and pay the bills.

This issue is divisive, but from everything I can tell, it's divisive for exactly the wrong reasons and the arguments being made are completely backwards.

14. Ian Moone

Ian Moone

LOL ...it's not fully stirred until the name Ron Paul has been envoked.

[​IMG]

15. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

The ACA was/is a wrong-headed plan. If you truely want to make health care affordable, you are going to have to start with tort reform and limit what and how much people can file suit for malpractice. But that won't happen because there are too many scum-sucking lawyers in Congress and the state legislatures writing the bills that don't want to derail their gravey train. :steamed:

16. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Yes I happen to know a guy that gets his dialysis by going to the ER. Of course I have also seen people go to the ER for aspirin and a pregnancy test.

17. Jim in MI

Jim in MI

There is an illegal Mexican that goes to one of the Grand Rapids hospital's ER 3 days a week for dialysis.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  18. podwich

podwich

So, if I'm reading you right, you support people paying for their own healthcare?

So I suppose then you'd support dumping the government from healthcare and "insurance" and go to completely privately-funded or cash system? That would require people to pay for their own coverage, just like you want.

19. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

I work part time in a ER. It is fairly common to get renal failure patients presenting in ER. We do not have Dialysis so we ship them to a larger Hospital in St Louis.

It is a scare tactic by the Democrats saying people get turned away and die. In 22 years of working there I have never had to step over dead bodies outside of the hospital.

20. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

If so, it's a lot smaller yes than the laternative has already imposed. You may have a hard time selling us on Obama's healthcare plan.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012