We all know we're sporting 30's, now who are you and where you from?

Discussion in 'The Big Dawgs Club' started by gunsmoke92, May 28, 2015.

1. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

With so many of you toting the awesome Glock 30 in one form or another, why not start a little intro thread? Who are you? Where are you hanging your hat? What drew you to the 30? Post up a pic of you and your gun if you feel like it. A lot of us know each other by our user names, but wouldn't know us from boo if we passed on the street. Have some fun with it. :D

Originally from Yakima, Washington, now residing in Rigby, Idaho. The knees don't allow for much hiking anymore, but the shooting part of me still does just fine. I've got a 30SF that's been groomed to fit me and meet my needs. Wolff springs and guide rod, finger humps are gone, undercut and rounded trigger guard, Ghost Edge connector, Ghost extended slide stop lever, Agrip, and Glock steel sights. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it fits me and shoots very, very well. For formal carry, a DeSantis Cozy Partner does the job, for grab and go, either my Remora or a Kydex Badger Concealment.

[​IMG]

Remember, this is about sharing info about ourselves and our guns, not criticizing what we've done. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    Hoff likes this.
  2. griggrt

griggrt

Hi Gunsmoke,
    Saw your post over at General Glocking... (insert Thumbs Up here)

I'm AD USAF in the crowded part of Colorado. I shot a Glock 30 and it felt like such a soft shooter compared to my Glock 22 and I had to have one. It was my second Glock which I bought while I was still in college. It has Trijicon NS and a smooth trigger(had a - connector at one point but not anymore)

I love my Big Dawg but would be curious to shoot a 30S (is that still considered a Big Dawg?)

Hoff, kaisooba and gunsmoke92 like this.

3. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

Yep, still a Big Dawg! Thanks for your service!

4. griggrt

griggrt

Same to you! You have 15 years on me... Thank you for your service.

kaisooba likes this.
  5. .45fanatic

.45fanatic

Hello guys I am from North Central Pennsylvania Williamsport PA home of the Little League World series, I am a Retired Leo after 23 years . I was a firearms instructor and a dept armorer for the last 20 of my years I had to retire in 2012 due to medical issues. I started out carrying Glocks when they first came out. We were issued G-17s and when the .40 S&W came out we switched to them a few years later. I bought my own .45 G21 when it was released and also a G-30. My former dept finally graduated to the G21 for duty use about 2005 so I finished my career carrying one and of course the G-30 was an authorized off duty or plain clothes gun.

I posted asking for a big dawg number over on the other page I don't know if they will assign them or not?

6. sasqwatch2

sasqwatch2

I'm in central Illinois, about 30 miles or so from Peoria. I picked up a Gen4 G30 because I already had a G21 and really liked it. I was hoping that a Gen4 30s would come out, At any rate, I figure with the thick slide I can always run 10mm or 45 super in it if I get the whim.

I topped it off with TFOs cause I love them and usually carry it with 230gr. HST.
    [​IMG]

7. .45fanatic

.45fanatic

That is the same reason I chose the G30 gen 4 over the G-30S. I wanted the versatility to run other Cal's should I want to down the road, And Also My Favorite carry Load is the Federal Tactical 230Gr +P And the G-30S was a Bear with that Load.

barn likes this.
  8. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

Glad to see a few of you accepted the invite, hopefully a few more will travel this way. .45fanatic, if you requested your Big Dawg number in the sticky thread here, you should get a response in a few days. griggrt, hang in there. I went in planning on doing my 3 years and getting out, almost 21 year later, I finally retired. Thankfully, I did, because heart surgery ain't cheap, and retired Tricare was a God send.

Back to the 30, Gold Dots are my carry ammo of choice. 10mm is a great round out of the 30 with the right barrel as well. I have a KKM, and love the 10 mm round.

9. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

.45fanatic, to request a Big Dawg number, PM or e-mail scottMO with your request. The sticky won't allow you to request there, but gives you info on how to and the limitations on numbers. Good Luck.

10. FRMO.Monk

FRMO.Monk

Iʻm in central Florida, started in the Navy, retired from the Air Force, still working to keep the wife in shoes and purses (to her credit she lets me buy new guns pretty much whenever I want). Got a 30S, an XDs 3.3, and a Springfield 1911 in 45 ACP plus others in various calibers to keep things interesting. Carry HSTʻs.

11. griggrt

griggrt

Ditto on the Tricare comment. I'm sure this doesn't approach the cost of heart surgery but my wife had twin boys last year... it would have been a huge cost if we didn't have Tricare. It was a high risk pregnancy so we went in weekly for ultrasounds to measure the size of both boys to make sure all was well. (each ultrasound is charged x2 for twins)

Mom and boys doing great! Didn't spend a dime until they started needing formula and diapers. Tricare was a God send.

Back on topic...

gunsmoke92 likes this.
  12. TexasDogmeat

TexasDogmeat

I'm in Utah. An active, full time Minister. I am out and about all hours of the day/night. I was a 1911 carrier/user for over 30yrs, then had a joint replacement in my gun hand wrist. This also set a nerve on the inside of my gun hand thumb on edge, I shoot High Thumb and the safety on the 1911 makes me want to "pee three drops" upon firing! Glocks work fine. I've had bookoo glocks, but the 30S is my favorite. I also have a G41, both have Ameriglo Operator nite sights and some trigger work. I carry +P 185 DPX and 230 HST in town, Buffalo Bore +P 230 FMJFN in the woods.

gunsmoke92 likes this.
  13. Armchair

Armchair

From Missouri. G30 under each arm (double shoulder holster). On both: steel rear sight, tritium front sight, rubberized grip decals, extended slide release, Pierce grip extension, 8 lb. NY trigger spring. Hornady TAP FPD 200 gr. +P JHP.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    LASTRESORT20 and oldman11 like this.
  14. sasqwatch2

sasqwatch2

Interesting rig. What led you to using a double shoulder holster?

15. KentuckyPatriot

KentuckyPatriot Photojournalist

G30s here. Doesn't get as much carry at my G27 or LC9, but it puts up such a fuss if not carried that I have to work it in weekly! Great shooting gun! I can carry it as easily as my 27, or 23, and using the same holsters.

16. glowrod

glowrod Fightin' Fire

Southwest Michigan and a few miles from the big pond. I bought my 30sf during the last craze. It was about the only Glock that the LGS had in the cabinet. Scooped it up and it is one of my favorites. Runs anything I've put through it. My wife seems to shoot it better than I do. It will always be a keeper.

17. BearMBD

BearMBD

I am in Reno,NV. I carry a customized 30sf. Carry ammo is 230 grain HST +P. I have had a bit of Work done to my pistol. RMR work milled by Saurez International with suppressor sights, SI back plate, SI flat trigger with Scherer 3.5# connecter (not in picture), RM06 3.5moa red dot, pg-30 +0 mag extension. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1438454738.738291.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1438454758.754162.jpg

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    LASTRESORT20 and Armchair like this.
  18. Fla Trooper 265

Fla Trooper 265

19. Fla Trooper 265

Fla Trooper 265

I am a Fla State Trooper. I carry a Glock mod 37 on duty, but carry the mod 30sf for off duty. I shoot better with the 30.

LASTRESORT20 and Big1 like this.
  20. Armchair

Armchair

I did the usual go through 15 holsters thing. Then, I figured suspending weight from my shoulder, and not pulling my pants down/poking my internal organs, might not be a bad idea. Turns out, I was correct. In fact, it was so comfortable that I figured I might as well carry one on each side as carry a couple of mags by themselves. Turns out, I was correct AGAIN! No using another hand to find a mag and then finding the mag well, etc.

I wear a snap front vest with arm holes that are high enough not to show anything when I raise my arms. Or, I wear a snap front jacket. Unless you carry in your crotch or ankle (ouch), you're probably going to be wearing the same, anyway. The Galco Jackass rig is not only named after me, but it allows for a good angle adjustment.

Never have any problem sitting down, bending over, using the restroom, holding my pants up, etc. (at least no more than I always have). I also don't have to wear pants a size larger than normal. Once you've gone "double hung," you never look back.