GlockTalk Forum banner

161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
9,161 Posts

They told me that a lot of the regular donors are now temporarily excluded due to COVID 19. That’s going to really be bad for the blood and blood component supply for this area.
Yes, it is better that people for sure die from lack of blood, than they maybe get CoVid-19, and then maybe die.

We have to be ultra-careful because it is not like they can test the blood donations.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #162 (Edited)
Yes, it is better that people for sure die from lack of blood, than they maybe get CoVid-19, and then maybe die.

We have to be ultra-careful because it is not like they can test the blood donations.
I thought it was overly cautious as well, but it’s their rules.

This is going to cause an area wide shortage.

2020 has been quite a year.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
I thought it was overly cautious as well, but it’s their rules.

This is going to cause an area wide shortage.
You have to remember, only CoVid-19 deaths matter. Long term suffering only matters if it is from CoVid-19. Nothing else matters.

I hope you and your wife get well and stay well soon.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
You have to remember, only CoVid-19 deaths matter. Long term suffering only matters if it is from CoVid-19. Nothing else matters.

I hope you and your wife get well and stay well soon.
I’m asymptomatic now. My case was very mild. My wife has felt horrible.

Certainly the oddest symptoms I’ve ever seen. Thanks again, ChiComs!

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
My wife has recovered now. Still can’t taste or smell anything. That should come back in another week.

Thanks to everyone who prayed for her!

I found out yesterday that several more people at the gym I attend have also danced with Rona.
Have her double up on the zinc, and add copper because Zinc at higher doses can begin to strip copper out of the body. The one doctor I heard in one of the videos from that group of doctors touting HCQ said the reason we lose our smell and taste is that Zinc is depleted from fighting the virus. I guess that zinc is responsible for the transfer of signals from the olfactory and taste senses to the brain.

My cousin who had it went through the same thing, and taking 100mg of zinc daily he got his smell and taste back in a few days.

·
Registered
19,115 Posts
My wife has recovered now. Still can’t taste or smell anything. That should come back in another week.

Thanks to everyone who prayed for her!

I found out yesterday that several more people at the gym I attend have also danced with Rona.
Glad that y'all are doing better. This is one dance I wont mind missing out on, if possible.

·
κολασμένος
18,390 Posts
Looks like quarantine is coming to an end.

Glad you hear you're doing better!

I'm now in Quarantine. I don't have any symptoms, but my son tested positive... so it's work from home time again. His case seems mildish... fever, aches and loss of taste and smell. He's already back to say 70% of normal.

I have 2 other brothers whose entire families have it currently. Thankfully none to seriously.

Thank heavens I can still taste Coke Zero. :rofl:

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Glad you hear you're doing better!

I'm now in Quarantine. I don't have any symptoms, but my son tested positive... so it's work from home time again. His case seems mildish... fever, aches and loss of taste and smell. He's already back to say 70% of normal.

I have 2 other brothers whose entire families have it currently. Thankfully none to seriously.

Thank heavens I can still taste Coke Zero. :rofl:
Day 7 or 8 seems to be when the symptoms hit the hardest.
It may start off just feeling like allergies. Then you may lose both taste and smell.

Day 9 is when I spiked a temperature of 100.4. Only other symptoms that day were a little nasal congestion and no taste or smell. The fever only lasted a few hours. I felt fine after that. Never had any trouble breathing.

·
κολασμένος
18,390 Posts
Day 7 or 8 seems to be when the symptoms hit the hardest.
It may start off just feeling like allergies. Then you may lose both taste and smell.

Day 9 is when I spiked a temperature of 100.4. Only other symptoms that day were a little nasal congestion and no taste or smell. The fever only lasted a few hours. I felt fine after that. Never had any trouble breathing.

His has been a little different... two or three days of mild fever and aches. Then the loss of taste, but could still smell for another day or two before that went. After that just some lethargy.

Senses slowly returning. Variability seems to be the name of the game with this bug. :headscratch:

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Well, surprise, surprise! Looks like several other people at the gym I attend have been dancing with Rona as well. The list keeps growing.

Lying, cheating little tramp. I knew she was seeing others besides me.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Dang it! My wife has had yet another relapse. Short of breath and lethargic again. Very congested too.

·
Registered
19,115 Posts
Praying she gets through this ok.

161 - 180 of 206 Posts