close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WBC to picket fire fighters funerals in AZ

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by og23, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Resqu2

Resqu2

Why are they still considered a church? I will keep my thoughts to myself on this one.

2. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I keep expecting to hear where some friend or family member of the deceased has gone postal and put about half that WBC scum in the dirt.

Now that's one funeral I would attend, to piss on the WBC members graves.

Yeah, as far as being the lowest kind of human being, those people are close to getting top honors.

3. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

My belief is that God will deal with them in His own good time. We should not lower ourselves to their level.

4. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

5. Highspeedlane

Highspeedlane NRA Life Member

Is there any funeral they actually approve of? I think they picket any and everything.

6. devildog2067

devildog2067

Why wouldn't they be?

7. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Probably never happens for the same reason that people don't usually pick on the retarded. I guess decent folks figure these "church" people are at the same level.

8. robbcayman

robbcayman

I think they are running out of money. They have promised to picket a bunch of funerals lately, but haven't shown. Half of their own family congregation has left the "church". I hope their bs game is up.

9. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

I have no idea who those people are, and I haven't watched any of the news coverage on this event. I was there, and I can't possibly imagine anything that has taken place on this fire that someone would find offensive or wrong. Every one of us worked as hard as humanly possible to contain the fire, retrain the damage, and to prevent loss of life and property. These young men gave their entire team and their lives. What more does anyone want?

10. ArtificialGrape

ArtificialGrape CLM

I think the general Westboro premise is that God has lifted his veil of protection from the US because of our acceptance of gays, so this would just be God reiterating his point.

11. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

God didn't kill those boys. Fire did, and it wasn't sent from God. It was a wildfire, moving with a storm, which was a product of random convective lifting action from the earth's surface, which was the result of solar heating of the earth's surface. The westboro church needs to get out more.

Maybe read a book.

12. MB-G26

MB-G26 Queen of Fail Lifetime Member

Am I remembering correctly that this is (or is one of) the groups that do the picketing thing and intentionally stir stuff up so a to create a legal "cause of action" which they then use to sue the person(s) or group they used to create the cause of action to begin with? ?

Along the same lines as those "Sovereign Citizens" groups that spend a lot of time trying to collect settlements in the bogus lawsuits they pursue police, etc., with?

Also somewhat related to that totally bogus "law firm" that was filing all kinds of copyright infringement suits against different publications and websites, sometimes even though they hadn't bothered to acquire legal ownership of the very copyrighted material they used as the basis of their bs nonsense lawsuits?

13. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

WTF is wrong with those people?

14. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Doesnt sound like a very loving God to me. In fact, that sounds more like Satan.

15. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

They didn't get dropped on their heads enough as little kids.:whistling:

16. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Because in reality they are a family of scumbag lawyers that use their church as a cover to bait people into retaliating against them so they can file lawsuits. It's how they make their living.

17. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Doesn't a fish have to take the bait before he is caught?

If these people were doing something illegal and the people "retaliating" were doing something legal, it wouldnt work.

Read you statement and lets change it a little:

Because in reality they are a family of scumbag lawyers that use their church as a cover by performing legal acts to cause people to perform illegal acts against them so they can file lawsuits. It's how they make their living.

Keep in mind, the only reason this works is because people get angry and then cross the line. The WBC knows not to cross the line into illegal.

Are you defending people getting mad and crossing the line because they cannot keep their emotions in check?

18. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

Justice has many forms. Some of them relate to law.

Yes, you heard that from me. No, I won't go further.

19. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

20. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Justice and law are not always one and the same justice as legal and moral can be mutually exclusive.

The assumption is because something is legal it is moral. I have said many times that what might be legal is not necessarily moral/ethical. Illegal also does not mean immoral/unethical.

What I find interesting, maybe not directly from you Sam, is that people who claim law and order means moral, when the situation fits change their minds.