Way To Stay Logged In If We Go To Other Tabs And Come Back?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by cyberghostx13, Jun 9, 2020.

1. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

Well I usually have maybe four sites going on my iPad and go back and forth. I had to start some stuff anew and now when I go to another tab(site) and come back to GT I have to sign back in. It didn't use to be that way. Anyone? Thanks.

2. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

I'm always logged in unless I log out.

3. cyberghostx13

Well that's the way it's been for me as well, till today. However it's been a bit of a "Computer Day" for me so maybe I was a tad burned out and jumped the gun, guess I'll just see how things go for a day or two.

Earlier in the day I tried to buy an old movie(1936) on Amazon Prime on my iPad a procedure that I have done many times but I couldn't get it to take/work. I went in the kitchen and turned on my iMac(27") and bought it there instead. Purchase worked out fine and I thought let's just check the movie out on the iMac(Amazon player) something else I have done many times before. Well shut my mouth, a blank screen with just a "Need Plugins" something like that. WTF?

So I was kinda checking out for options...a Plan B. Well after a few minutes I decided to check out APPs. I found an app that showed a page on their page showing various Like Netflix, ROKU, Amazon Prime and a few others for $1.99. I bought and installed into my iMac and got that sucker to work and was able to watch my Amazon Prime movies again on my iMac.

The owners of the app had volunteer purchase for the app, never seen before. Tips ifin you liked the app. $1.99 $4.99 $9.99. I was very happy indeed so I volunteered the $4.99 ammount. Small investment especially with the fact that I watch most of my movies and tv purchases on my 65" LG OLED not my iMac 27" display. My AppleTV does my purchases on my LGTV but it also has a fine Amazon Prime App included so I can watch my Amazon stuff and it all works SMOOTH.

Funny how right after I had problems with my Amazon Fire Remote(Reviews show hundreds have problems with remote as well). I installed batteries and the thing would never work so my little black FireTV box was useless. While I was pondering what to do somehow I heard about Apple getting the Amazon App and wahlah, Ba da Bing, Ba da boom, it works swell and HD too. That was a couple years ago. I took away the little Amazon Fire black box which opened up a HDMI slot with my Marantz AV.

I may fill that slot with a PAL(UK) DVD Disc player I bought a few years back, just to play the "UK Version" of the U.S. Series "Tour Of Duty". Music royalties in the US were the problem and rather than pay them many of the songs were removed and so the series sucked. The U.K. quite simply doesn't have that problem. Hey don't ask me, I'm not a corporate lawyer. I then bought the UK version image.jpeg after much investigation. Anyway, maybe in the next day or two I will do the hook up, HDMI line already there, UK DVD Player sitting on top of my OPPO 3D Blueray player.

What a day indeed!

4. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
  5. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? CLM Millennium Member

Check and make sure you're not in a private browser window - those will require you to sign in every time, since it doesn't retain any cookies/settings for that site in Private mode.

Tap the two squares icon in the lower right corner, close all browser windows, make sure 'private' is un-selected

cyberghostx13 and syntaxerrorsix like this.
  6. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

Maybe that's cause you're not doing it right, Roach...

7. billkill

billkill

It was enthralling.

G30SF/F-250 likes this.
  8. cyberghostx13

Well the two-squares are in the upper right-hand corner. Private selection was in black or white selection and it seems that the white selection was the non-private and that is what I selected. I will have to check my iPad selections as I'm having a similar problem with Amazon. Somehow I must have hit a button(tapped area) and knocked the whole shabang out of whack. Thanks for your help. Now it will be a work in progress.

9. cyberghostx13

Top right corner, but it seems to have worked, must have hit it accidentally, well now I know what it does. The dark background changed back to a white background, so it even looks like it used to. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Seems dark computer clouds been hangin' around me lately. Today my Internet went out. I unhooked the cable modem completely and the Apple Airport Base Station(Router) as well. Reconnected and wahlah, ba da bing, ba da boom, all the lights came on and I was back on line. Whew!

Deanster likes this.