Waterproof mascara

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Patricia, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

OK ladies, I need a mascara that doesn't smudge, smear, or clump. Any suggestions?

2. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

P, im no help, cause the ONLY kind I can use is the seriously hypo allergenic kind, so I'm stuck with basically Almay or Neutrogena. I use the Almay raisin quartz right now, and it's OK, but it's NOT especially water proof or clump proof.

3. sweetatergal

sweetatergal

Have you tried the Mary Kay mascara?....I use the Ultimate Lash in her brand and LOVE IT, but it is not waterproof. Mary Kay does carry a waterproof and I hear it works GREAT!

4. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

I use both and can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that the waterproof one works well in hot climates.

DO NOT let the waterproof one get exposed to heat while still in the tube though. This is what makes it clump.

5. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

6. SouthernGal

That might work for eye LINER but not mascara.

7. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

[​IMG]

8. SouthernGal

:rofl:

You crack me up.

9. Mrs. VR

boys :tease:

P, i just happened to pick up a copy of Woman's World yesterday, and lo and behold, they had a whole page on waterproof makeup! For mascara, they recommend l'oreal voluminous full definition voume building waterproof mascara (sheesh!, what a name!)

OR

Shu Uemura Fiber Xtension Lengthening Mascara www.shuumeura-usa.com

10. kcb

kcb Southern Lady

I have used the L'oreal that Sharon speaks of and it was great.

I was allergic to Mary Kay make up and had a HORRIBLE reaction to it back in the 80's. grrrrr! A dear family friend asked me to have a party for her. I did, so I bought. They reimbursed me for everything I bought, but I paid a DEAR price for the reaction!

I have a parent at school that keeps telling me it's improved now, money back guarantee...it's just not worth the risk to me!

L'oreal is good!

:thumbsup:

I have IMac now, I bought it for the weddings, but their stuff isn't waterproof. So, at the last minute, I realized I had to use different mascara and eyeliner because there was NO WAY this mother wasn't going to cry!

:hearts:

:supergrin:

11. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

I don't need waterproof, but what is the thickest mascara out there now? I normally use Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black or Clinique, whatever sample is in the GWP.

I tried Almay and I was allergic to it. :upeyes:

In high school, I used to use L'Oreal Volumous and loved it but for some reason drifted away...it might have started flaking which didn't work with contacts?

If I didn't love makeup and jewelry, everybody would swear I was a man :rofl:

12. Mrs. Tink

Mrs. Tink Semper Fidelis

Oh my goodness. That's terrible.

I'm going to come out of my shell here and reveal that I am a Mary Kay consultant, which most people on GT don't know. I have to tell you that the great majority of ladies who do give it a second chance (after having been allergic in the 70's and 80's) are much happier with it now. Consultants are taught better now to find a formula that works for you, and there is a much wider array of formulas.

I was just at the Mary Kay manufacturing plant last week, which is a really neat place. Those folks do extensive testing (NEVER on animals) to make sure that their products are hypoallergenic. Now, fortunately, it is rare to hear of a current customer having a bad reaction to the products.

The money back guarantee still stands. I usually don't even take money from people until I hear that they are satisfied. And even if you use the entire thing and then decide that you didn't love it, you'll get your money back.

Anyone can PM me with questions. I don't want to turn this into an advertisement for my personal business. It sounds like STG and SG are being well taken care of by their consultant.

13. Mrs. VR

I knew! I knew! :supergrin:

And, I can vouch for Meg as a reliable sales person!

14. Mrs. Tink

Mrs. Tink Semper Fidelis

:hearts: :iloveyou:

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

15. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

Thanks everyone! PM on the way Meg. :supergrin:

16. sweetatergal

sweetatergal

My cousin had a party for one of her friends back in the 80's and my Aunt tried to tell the girl that she had REALLY sensative skin and that she would probably have a reaction to it....well, she did. She could not get it off her face fast enough. I don't know if she ever tried it again or not.

I'm a Beauty Control Consultant.....only because of the sign on deal. Don't really promote it much....but I can tell ya, their mascara is JUNK. I do like their spa line of products.

17. sweetatergal

sweetatergal

I LOVE my Mary Kay!!!! Their face regiment is the BOMB (moisturizers ( and SG and I have super oily skin), cleansers, microderm abrasion...)!!!!! Oh and I LOVE the 2 n 1 shave/shower gel and moisturizing lotion!!!!

Mine and SG's friend that has just been into it a year is at the seminar in Dallas right not! She gets to walk across the stage and everything.....she has taken off with it and made a run for it. She has already earned her first car! :thumbsup:

Mrs Tink....Good luck in your business. :thumbsup:

:wavey:

18. SouthernGal

I was a consultant years ago before my divorce.

I started using their products the week before I married in 1996. Been using their skincare line for 11 years now. So far as I'm concerned, their oily skin line is second to none.

STG and I both have a great consultant, just bought the undereye circle stuff the other evening myself...as a gift.

19. kcb

kcb Southern Lady

I don't doubt that you do a good job and I know many people that happily use Mary Kay products.

I just am afraid to take the chance at the same reaction again.

It was SO bad that my doctor told to NEVER use it again.

Now they had the MOST Awesome perfume back in the 80's that I'd buy stock in if they sold it again.

I think it was called Auvenier or something like that. I loved it, and got constant compliments on it. They stopped carrying it years ago. My assistant at the hospital was a sales consultant, too, and she stocked me up with it as best she could.

I always suffered from horrible headaches back then, but this was a nice suttle fragrance that never bothered me.

If you can find that for me again, Meg, I'd be THRILLED!!!!!!

:hearts:

20. kcb

kcb Southern Lady

My experience was further back than that. So, I'm sure they have changed the products a lot since my experience. BUT I still fear
    a reaction.

:sad:

Like I said in my post above...my doctor told me to NEVER use it again. Several of my BEST and DEAREST friends have sold the products over the years, too. I've bought lotions, perfumes, etc. but nothing for my face.

:sad: