Glock Talk banner

Waterproof Hiking Boots

1627 Views 50 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  cityborncountrylivin
Hey folks,
I’m looking for a pair of waterproof hiking boots. I’ve tried Keen, Danner, and Merrell but none have been waterproof after about a months use.

Does anyone have suggestions of hiking boots that are and will remain waterproof?
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Kenetrek for hunting. Hoka Ten Nine Goretex for trail hiking. Logger boots for daily wear/ tower climbing, ladders, etc.
Which brand(s)/model(s) of “logger boots“ do you prefer for comfort and everyday durability?

My long-ago-discontinued LL Bean uninsulated, goretex, heavy hiking boots lasted a very long time backpacking and hiking, stayed waterproof to the end. Finally the worn-out soles detached. Bean, like many formerly all-American brands, just isn’t what it used to be, from what I hear. You guys have given me some ideas what I might check out but I have very wide feet so finding a good fit is always a challenge. Thanks.

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Which brand(s)/model(s) of “logger boots“ do you prefer for comfort and everyday durability?

My long-ago-discontinued LL Bean uninsulated, goretex, heavy hiking boots lasted a very long time backpacking and hiking, stayed waterproof to the end. Finally the worn-out soles detached. Bean, like many formerly all-American brands, just isn’t what it used to be, from what I hear. You guys have given me some ideas what I might check out but I have very wide feet so finding a good fit is always a challenge. Thanks.
Red wing stores are doing a free fit event ATM. You don't have to buy from there but being properly fitted is important. From there contact Nick's or White's boots. Probably the best toughest and longest lasting boots there are. You will pay for them but good products.

· Registered
603 Posts

Rocking Double H loggers here - one insulated pair and one uninsulated. Both over 20 years old with daily seasonal wear. I'd go Red Wing, White's or Danner if you can't find Double H. Maybe Chippewa.

· Registered
5,437 Posts
I have been happy with these:
And these:

41 - 51 of 51 Posts