watch out for Antivir

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by capnjim01, Jan 11, 2010.

1. capnjim01

capnjim01

I posted this on tech talk but I think it was worthy of posting here. Do not click on any ads for Antivir or Antivirus System Pro. It will infect your pc and it is a scam. If you do a search for antivir pro it explains everything. Guys on GHT tech helped me uninstall this and it's a pain. tell all your friends don't click on antivir. Is there anyone to report them to? I'd love to cause them as much aggravation as they did me. Be ware of antivir!

2. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator® CLM

Yes. This has happened to plenty of us.

You should install and run Malware Bytes. Update it regularly and scan with it regularly.

3. bchandler

bchandler

Anyone who clicks and installs stuff from random pop-ups and ads on the internet sucks at using the web, lol.

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Bingo...

This problem has been around for a while..... I think it started out being called Antivirus 2008, then 2009, and so on..

Also for those who many not be totally informed, the Freeware Antivirus Program "AntiVir", is a good program, and if you download it from the Antivir website, it's not riddled w/ these problems.(at least not anytime I've used it)

Pain in the neck indeed... Glad you got your system back up to your satisfaction. Thankfully I run a bullet proof OS... :)

IGF

5. Adjuster

Adjuster

Yep this thing has screwed several of my friends that are not real up on the computer thing. Malwarebytes has fixed it every time however. I only had trouble with one system and to get it going I had to start in safe mode with networking to download, update and run Malwarebytes.

6. capnjim01

capnjim01

actually you may be correct. My norton's spyware ran out and folks on GT said use AVG. i clicked AV by mistake once again dis proving the saying that any dummy can use the internet. So get a laugh at my expense and learn form my errors.