WASR trigger question

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by Benello, Jan 29, 2018.

1. R_P_K_

R_P_K_

Ge
    Get rid of the buffer

2. wanderson

wanderson

My WASR came with the G2 trigger, noticeably lighter pull than the trigger that came in my Draco pistol or the RAK in my AM63DS. But in my WASR the bolt carrier was slamming against the back of the G2 hammer bad enough to peen the tail of the carrier after 500 rounds. If you search picks of AK hammers you’ll see how odd the back of the hammer is shaped compared to others. I filed mine down, not much but enough that the carrier doesn’t slam against it.

As for buffers, no thanks. My WASR recoil spring was pretty weak by 1k rounds but I didn’t notice it til I got my Draco. Replaced it with a Wolff xtra power spring. If your spring is strong enough, you don’t need a buffer. Buffers remind me of those rubber ‘boosters’ I put on the coil springs of my first car. Better than nothing but a band aid, not a fix. And a new AK recoil spring costs the same as a buffer and lasts longer.

3. captainstormy

captainstormy

Yea, the G2 hammer is profiled all wrong. One of the nice things about the RAK trigger is the hammer is properly profiled right out of the box. I actually like the RAK trigger, but I don't mind the G2 either but I re-profiled my hammer on my G2 10 years ago.

My WASR is years old and has about 20K rounds through it. While my recoil spring still worked, once I bought a new WBP built rifle I noticed the WASR spring was way weaker.

I'll probably replace it after this summer too.