Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this elsewhere and haven’t had a lot of help yet so I figured I’d try here to see what you all thought.

So I finally have had the time to sit down and clean my WASR that I bought new last summer and was noticing that sometimes when I pulled the trigger dry firing (after reassembly, which I did correctly per manual and videos online) that the trigger seemed almost to have a tiny bit of slop overtravel after the break almost with another light click and then again some on the return. I’d cycle the action again and the trigger didn’t do this. Cycle again and fine, over and over a few times, then randomly it would happen again. It never failed to pull and reset each time though it was just less solid of a crisp pull at times of that makes sense. Weird that sometimes it happened and there was no pattern to it.

The trigger is a “C” marked I believe for Century’s own trigger as they used to use tapco I read. Now they have their own I guess. It’s a decent pull weight and clean overall compared to what I was anticipating. Just don’t know why sometimes if I pulled it back it stopped and others it seemed like a harder pull after the break made this phenomenon occur. Hard to explain. Is this even a thing?

I know people will say “go shoot it!”, but I was wanting to know if that is common in stock AK triggers just out of curiosity and to see if I should be aware of a potential issue.

The gun overall is beautifully fit and finished totally unlike the old reports online. I was surprised that it was already pretty clean from the factory minus a little grit here and there.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
That's fairly common with some of the older WASRs (trigger slap), mine used to do the same thing until I upgraded to the Tapco G2 trigger and it is much improved (about the only thing from Crapco worth buying).

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I’ll have to fire it to see. Doesn’t seem like it would be a slap issue, but perhaps so. It’s a 2016 build so it’s pretty new and I haven’t read any bad trigger reviews from recent builds.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Not at all. Pull the trigger. So the pressure is released on the spring.Open it up. There will be either a retention wire or plate holding in the grooves of the hammer and trigger pins. Pull that out. Push the two pins out. Out it all comes. Hardest part is fishing the trigger and hammer back in with the spring pressure on them put its all really easy. 10 minute job. I’m sure there are a ton of YouTube videos on it

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Reactions: Davers

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I put the first hundred rounds through it finally today and it shot perfectly with no trigger issue at all. Flawless performance and actually more accurate than I had anticipated. I guess whatever I felt in dry fire it did not present as an issue at the range. I love this WASR!

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Like others have said, sounds like it's what people call "trigger slap". I didn't know century was back to using their own triggers on the WASRs. I knew they used their own triggers on the C39V2s but by all accounts I've read people say those are great.

Anyway, a trigger swap is easy. Actually except for mounting that barrel into the receiver everything on an AK is easy. Look up "AK Operators Union" on youtube. He has a series of viedos called something to the affect of "AK Basics". It's a playlist of a few videos. He covers a trigger swap in there. It's pretty easy. While you have it apart, use a retaining plate instead of the factory paperclip when you put it back together.

FWIW, I love my WASR. I still say it was the best $500 I've ever spent. But I got a great one. No mag wobble, sights are straight and it has a Tapco G2 trigger(as someone else said, about the only good thing Tapco makes). I always tell people who want to get into AKs, if they can inspect it first a WASR isn't a bad option. But I wouldn't buy one randomly though.

Reactions: RPK Clone

·
Registered
280 Posts
I know, old thread. The new c marked triggers from Century is their RAK 1 trigger. Actually a very good trigger. It is properly configured as to not beat the hell out of the tail of the bolt carrier. The G2 trigger can do this. I have had both types. I much prefer the new trigger. It gets good reviews over on the AK files forum(hope that's ok). That's the best resource for ak information. Lots of asshats over there, but lots of knowledge.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I know, old thread. The new c marked triggers from Century is their RAK 1 trigger. Actually a very good trigger. It is properly configured as to not beat the hell out of the tail of the bolt carrier. The G2 trigger can do this. I have had both types. I much prefer the new trigger. It gets good reviews over on the AK files forum(hope that's ok). That's the best resource for ak information. Lots of asshats over there, but lots of knowledge.

I installed one of the rubber bumpers on the spring to quiet mine down. I have shot several hundred rounds thru it now, and it is much quieter, and shows no signs of wear yet.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I installed one of the rubber bumpers on the spring to quiet mine down. I have shot several hundred rounds thru it now, and it is much quieter, and shows no signs of wear yet.
AKs were not designed with a recoil buffer, not needed.

I'll leave this here
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3812964&postcount=2

Full Thread:
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296119&highlight=recoil+buffers

There is no need for buffer in AK - period. Buffers will lead to malfunctions - one way or another. I have seen this happening over and over.
I hate buffers with passion.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
AKs were not designed with a recoil buffer, not needed.

I'll leave this here
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3812964&postcount=2

Full Thread:
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296119&highlight=recoil+buffers

There is no need for buffer in AK - period. Buffers will lead to malfunctions - one way or another. I have seen this happening over and over.
I hate buffers with passion.
Exactly. You will never see a picture of a buffer in a real AK. They are something made for a problem that doesn’t exist in a properly built AK. I have multiple AK pattern rifle I have built from HEAVILY used kits, used in the Balkans. Never any deformation to any parts before or after I built them, and these came to me with serious high mileage. IO installs buffers in the rifles they build, that’s all you need to know to know you don’t need one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts