WASR Problem

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by ByAnyMeans, Apr 6, 2010.

1. ByAnyMeans

ByAnyMeans

Hi guys,

I have a quick trouble shooting question regarding a WASR. The pin that holds in the trigger keeps walking out. I have seen youtube videos and reassembled it as shown but it continues to slowly move out when the trigger is pulled. It does not seem to "pop" in like the pin in front of it that is under the side mount.
    Does anybody have any ideas what I could do to keep it in there. Thanks for your advice in advance.

2. fgutie35

fgutie35

You misplaced the wire spring. It goes on the other side to create pring pressure against the trigger pin. I'm not home or else I would post a picture of what you did and what you should have done. I know cause it happened to me too and after a couple of minutes, I was able to figure out what I did wrong.

3. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

This is how the spring, or retaining plate goes. It slides into the groove of the axis pin to keep it from walking out.
    [​IMG]

Interesting things happen when the pin works its way out of the right side of the receiver and you don't realize it when firing.

4. ByAnyMeans

ByAnyMeans

Thanks guys, I knew I needed it in that groove and thought I had but apparently not. I will fix it up and report back how it went.
    Thanks for your time.

5. rich n

rich n

Get rid of the wire and get a shepards crook replacement part (4.00) it'll save you alot of aggravation.

6. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

I got some small cotter keys from the hardware store and they work great.

7. my762buzz

my762buzz

8. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

I was going to get one, but it was going to cost 12 with shipping.

9. ByAnyMeans

ByAnyMeans

Looks like i'm going to need the shepards crook. The wire when properly installed in the safety arm gets raised slightly and comes out of the axis pin groove. Don't know if it's bent or what but easiest fix is to get this crook. Thanks for this help guys.