Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Tactically Epic
13,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems most gun shops I've gone too, the wasps are all about 750 dollars. And never sell. Don't these stores notice people are buying them at atlantic for 200 less? How do they keep such a stupid price tag on them. Not an isolated thing, seen four gun stores with them in that range.

·
Who me?
189 Posts
Well, they gotta eat, too. I have no objection to someone (or some business) making money. As long as they don't make it off me.

Personally, I miss the $500 WASR's from last year. I managed to grab 2 from Atlantic then they came out with a new batch with real nice wood and raised the price.

I ended up getting 2- Yugos. One for me & one for the 'lil woman.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Well, they aren't going for $200 at atlantic. Right now they are on sale for $559, normally $599.

By the time you add shipping and FFL charges you could easily be at or over $700 from an online sale at that price.

I miss the days of cheap WASRs too. I love mine, but I'm glad I bought it when It was cheap. No way I'd pay what they cost now. I'd save up just a little more and get a C39V2 instead.

·
Señor Mombo
2,858 Posts
The new wasr's are getting rave reviews. The old gunshops, not so much.

·
Build the Wall
10,402 Posts
Well, they aren't going for $200 at atlantic. Right now they are on sale for $559, normally $599.

By the time you add shipping and FFL charges you could easily be at or over $700 from an online sale at that price.

I miss the days of cheap WASRs too. I love mine, but I'm glad I bought it when It was cheap. No way I'd pay what they cost now. I'd save up just a little more and get a C39V2 instead.
What he said was $200 LESS than gun shops.

I agree though that they are way overpriced! I got mine for $329 in ~2008. Also, $559 is a decent price right now and if you add $20 for shipping and a $10 FFL fee (mine does it for $10), then $590 OTD is GREAT!

My next one that I should be ordering this week is the C39V2! Can't wait!

TGG

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
What he said was $200 LESS than gun shops.

I agree though that they are way overpriced! I got mine for $329 in ~2008. Also, $559 is a decent price right now and if you add $20 for shipping and a $10 FFL fee (mine does it for $10), then $590 OTD is GREAT!

My next one that I should be ordering this week is the C39V2! Can't wait!

TGG
Yea, apparently I couldn't read yesterday.

Either way though, that $200 can easily get eaten up with shipping and FFL charges and the final price won't be much different than the store price.

·
Registered
16,903 Posts
Seems most gun shops I've gone too, the wasps are all about 750 dollars. And never sell. Don't these stores notice people are buying them at atlantic for 200 less? How do they keep such a stupid price tag on them. Not an isolated thing, seen four gun stores with them in that range.
They are not targeting the informed buyer, as they know most of us are going to buy online. They are after the impulse buyers that have looked at their 2 thousand dollar AR's and figure the 750 dollar AK is the better choice.

Just for grins and giggles, were the prices on the rest of their semi autos in line with everyone else?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I picked up my WASR from my FFL 10 days ago. I paid $570 out the door when all was said and done. More recent production WASR with the pretty light colored furniture (that will be sitting in a parts drawer in a few weeks).

I am very happy with the fit and finish on mine. I'm not too experienced in AKs but everything looks straight to me. I didn't expect everything to be perfect (especially considering Century's reputation) but I am more than satisfied. I was sick last weekend so I wasn't able to make it to the range, but I will be taking that and my new CZ-75 compact to the range for some bonding with my pair of Warsaw Pact firearms.

The only thing I dislike about what I got is that it did not come with any metal magazines, but instead a single 30 round tapco magazine and a 30 round magpul magazine. Both magazines seem to have good reviews online, so I am sure they will both function perfectly.

·
Build the Wall
10,402 Posts
I remember when Romy SARs (1-3) were selling for $349 at gun shows...
I paid 350 OTD in 1988 for my Chinese type 56S! my type 84S was 550 in 2008! if we knew then what we know now we would all be rich! :)

TGG

·
Build the Wall
10,402 Posts
If I cant get a WASR for plenty less than $500.. I would pass.
I paid $1,040 OTD for my two retirement presents!

Savage MarkIIFVSR bolt action 22 and Century Arms c39v2 milled AK-47. The AK was $700 plus $15 for shipping and $9 for transfer. I've seen the WASR going for $100 less than the C39v2!

TGG

·
Millenium #3936
6,653 Posts
I paid $1,040 OTD for my two retirement presents!

Savage MarkIIFVSR bolt action 22 and Century Arms c39v2 milled AK-47. The AK was $700 plus $15 for shipping and $9 for transfer. I've seen the WASR going for $100 less than the C39v2!

TGG
I have owned (2) wasr's and never had any problem with them.. nevertheless, they are bottom of the barrel variants and at least [to me] they are not worth $500 even if you threw in a dozen mags. If I were looking for an AK variant now a days, I would seek a OPAP, NPAP, Arsenal or MAK90. I would take a MAK90 over any of them but they are simply getting rather hard to find in good condition.

People ask- why a MAK90? I tell them because its a very good example of a well put together AK variant, with a real finish, thicker receiver and does not look as if drunken monkeys with gunsmith tools attacked it. O's, N's and Arsenals are quality vairants as well, I am just partial to MAK's in a nostalgic way.

·
Build the Wall
10,402 Posts
I have owned (2) wasr's and never had any problem with them.. nevertheless, they are bottom of the barrel variants and at least [to me] they are not worth $500 even if you threw in a dozen mags. If I were looking for an AK variant now a days, I would seek a OPAP, NPAP, Arsenal or MAK90. I would take a MAK90 over any of them but they are simply getting rather hard to find in good condition.

People ask- why a MAK90? I tell them because its a very good example of a well put together AK variant, with a real finish, thicker receiver and does not look as if drunken monkeys with gunsmith tools attacked it. O's, N's and Arsenals are quality vairants as well, I am just partial to MAK's in a nostalgic way.
Yes, the Chinese AK's are the best! I have the 56s and the 84s, both pre ban, and they are amazing rifles! I paid $350 and $550 respectively!

TGG

Reactions: FireForged
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.