WASR 10 info

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Petrie, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Petrie

Petrie

I've been thinking of getting a WASR 10 up at the local Dunham's Sports store next time the go on sale. I could probably pick one up for $350-400. I just want it for fun at the range and to check out what an AK style rifle is like. Is there anything approaching customer support on these things? What about replacement parts, etc. Most of the reviews I've read on WASR 10s seemed ok.

2. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

I would go aftermarket on parts. My WASR 10/63 is fine for an AK clone. Just make sure the gas tube and sights are straight. Most of the old problems are absent in the 10/63 model.

3. Sniperfox

Sniperfox Kopfjaeger

Make sure it has a Tapco trigger group in it. I have two Wasr 10/63's and one doesn't have it. Big difference.

4. Caver 60

Caver 60

Try going over to the AK forum jump and looking around. Lots of info there.

5. PMY

PMY

I haven't had anything go wrong with mine. I've had it for a few years now, and get it out a couple times a year to blaze a magazine or two.

As for customer service, unless you're planning on making the trip back to Romania yourself, I wouldn't count on much.

6. mikeyU

mikeyU

If your not concerned with fit and finish it will be fine, make sure sight and gas tube arent canted. As a shooter, it will be reliable, just not pretty, kinda what an ak should be in some peoples minds.