Wasn't Expecting This From Florida

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by willie_pete, Aug 9, 2020.

1. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

You don't have to care if it prints now. It's not illegal.

willie_pete likes this.
  2. PennsWoods

PennsWoods

Don't worry, they own Star Wars now so the storm troopers will protect you.

OC should be legal in FL and any other state, whether I think it's the most prudent way to carry or not. I just don't want to worry about legal repercussions when the wind blows or I reach for something on the top shelf at the grocery store. Thankfully PA has OC.

3. Nutty Professor 188

Nutty Professor 188 Patrol Corporal

They might not be a state but they have more power than many governments.
    They have more land, way more employees, and a way bigger budget than most cities and some counties.
    They have their own infrastructure. They are allowed their own electrical and fire codes and water management is different for them and air space control rules seem to be different as well.

It used to be that no one ever died on their property. The person would be very dead but not officially declared that way until they were in a hospital off property. No one ever died at the happiest place on earth.

They are like something out of a science fiction movie.

mike from st pe and willie_pete like this.
  4. Pluto57

Pluto57

I'm not sure that's true, but regardless of when the suit started, she is continuing to pursue it. Why?

5. Pluto57

Pluto57

SCOTUS disagrees.

6. Pluto57

Pluto57

You can already carry concealed and not worry about printing. There is nothing in the law that prohibits printing. If you're going to carry in a way that prints to the point that everyone knows you're "concealing" a firearm, why not just open carry (where allowed)?

syntaxerrorsix likes this.
  7. Pluto57

Pluto57

Good news! The law already allows for those situations. Momentarily revealing your gun in an accidental way as you describe is NOT against the law.

syntaxerrorsix and PennsWoods like this.
  8. NoStress

NoStress

I don't give a damn. Slavery was once legal also.

9. Nutty Professor 188

Nutty Professor 188 Patrol Corporal

I don't mind the idea of open carry.

I don't think it's a good idea tactically but I'm all for the option to open carry.
    One school of thought would be to say "Warning! Look at me! Don't mess with me!" but it also makes one a primary target. If I were a bad guy intent on committing an armed incursion (robbery or murder) in a public place I would seriously consider taking out all of the obviously armed resistance first. I would rather the bad guy be surprised when I present a pistol. I'll take any advantage I can.

It also makes for more chance of a gun grab (or attempt). I obviously open carry in uniform but that comes with a lot of defensive tactic gun retention training and a (mandated) level 3 retention holster and still that is (or should be) a big concern.

But to each his own. I support any good, solid pro-gun legislation. The more options the better.

We have really good CWP process in Florida but I wish we would go to permit-less concealed carry with the option to get a CWP for reciprocity with other states.

wyntrout likes this.
  10. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

Keep it in your pants

and pull a shirt over it.

wyntrout and IamtheNRA like this.
  11. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

About half of the people in Florida are idiots, especially the damnyankee carpetbaggers who move here and then go insane from the humidity.
    If OC passes, expect to see a lot of $15 Walmart nylon belt holsters, maybe with a velcro strap to keep the Hi-Point Yeet Cannon from falling out too often.

[​IMG]

I'm not against legalizing open carry, even if it's only for those of us with CWFL, but I'll continue to usually keep mine concealed. The public doesn't need to know I have guns.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    willie_pete and ranger1968 like this.
  12. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

Broward ain’t voting for it. Hell, they had to get sued to allow people to carry guns on county property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. kwo

kwo

Mouse land south is the twilight zone. Born and raised in Miami ,driven out in 1980 . Legal immigration destroyed it.

mike from st pe likes this.