close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Washington Will Honor FL Non Residdnt Permit

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Gary Slider, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Gary Slider

Gary Slider

I heard from the Florida Issuing Authority this morning. Washington will honor the FL Resident and Non Resident Permits/Licenses. I don’t' have the whole story and will most likely never know the whole story. But from what I have heard from 3 sources is that the Washington AG received many emails and phone calls asking why they would not honor the FL non resident permit. That there is nothing in Washington law saying they shouldn't. Etc Etc. So they changed their stance.

This shows that by just asking questions about their decisions and why they made such decisions can get them to look at things from another point of view.

I have no proof of the statement I am about to make but this is what I think happened.
    Someone in the AG's office made this decision without any discussion with his/her superiors and that is the word that got out. When the questions started coming in they really didn't know what was going on and started checking and someone (I believe it was the AG) stated this was not what their law states and changed their official opinion.

Again Washington AG's Office states it will honor FL non resident permits and the FL official website states that the Florida Non Resident permit is valid in Washington. Thank Goodness.

2. Gallium

Gallium CLM

As always Gary, you do good work. I saw you other post on this somewhere...

Thanks again.

'Drew

3. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I take it you mean the state of Washington, not the city?

4. Gallium

Gallium CLM

:supergrin:

For an attorney, you have a wicked sense of humor...

'Drew

5. Gary Slider

Gary Slider

I don't think I will ever live long enough to see DC honor any permit/licenses from any of the states. Sad as I will never go back to our Nations Capital as they tell me I am a dangerous monster who will kill everyone I come in contact with. They actually tell me I am not welcome in the Capitol of my Country. I don't go where I am not welcome.