Glock Talk banner

Washington State Glockers

7223 Views 55 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  fatboymoe
Hey I saw there was a "Northwest" Glocker thread, but I wanted to ask you guys if there were any of you that are in washington, where you are located, it'd be fun to set up some shooting events in some local areas. I am out toward South King County, and one of the awesome ranges down here is the Issaquah Sportsman's Club, it's kind of a down home range nothing too fancy, but it allows us to throw lead down range and the range master is cool. So if any of you guys specific to Washington read this let me know, it'd be fun to get some events going! Thanks again!
Reactions: Jamaal
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Hey I saw there was a "Northwest" Glocker thread, but I wanted to ask you guys if there were any of you that are in washington, where you are located, it'd be fun to set up some shooting events in some local areas. I am out toward South King County, and one of the awesome ranges down here is the Issaquah Sportsman's Club, it's kind of a down home range nothing too fancy, but it allows us to throw lead down range and the range master is cool. So if any of you guys specific to Washington read this let me know, it'd be fun to get some events going! Thanks again!

· Registered
4 Posts
Reviving this old thread :devildance::exercise::dancing:

· Registered
3,917 Posts
I'm near the olympia area.

· Sensai Pew Pew (Master of TRIGGERTHAICHI)
172 Posts
Tacoma to Tukwila

· Registered
138 Posts
I live in Duvall area
I shoot at the Snoqualmie Valley rife range

· Registered
28 Posts
Bullseye is a nice range, but have you tried the new Welchers indoor range? It costs a bit more, but the state of the art ventilation system and the awesome target system they have makes it worth the extra coin! I am also open to travel to shoot at different ranges and meet up if some folks are interested.

· Registered
3,238 Posts
Former LEO form the Pac NW, now live in the Pittsburgh area. I still go out to Olympia once or twice each year to visit my family. Love the ranges in the area - have shot in many of them. My dad and I now shoot at the Glacier Gun Club in Oly.

Just saw the post about Welcher's range. Was going to suggest it to my dad to check it out but read this on their range rules: "Customers must clear their personal firearms at home or in their vehicle"

Really? I carry 24/7 so clearing my firearm at home is a no go, and as far as clearing guns in my vehicle... yeah, that's a good recommendation (I'm being sarcastic...)

How about, "keep you gun cased or holstered until in the range stall - then take it out and clear it while keeping it down range". (A simple rule that MANY ranges have)

If you don't know how to clear it, ask the Range Staff for help.

· Registered
28 Posts
Former LEO form the Pac NW, now live in the Pittsburgh area. I still go out to Olympia once or twice each year to visit my family. Love the ranges in the area - have shot in many of them. My dad and I now shoot at the Glacier Gun Club in Oly.

Just saw the post about Welcher's range. Was going to suggest it to my dad to check it out but read this on their range rules: "Customers must clear their personal firearms at home or in their vehicle"

Really? I carry 24/7 so clearing my firearm at home is a no go, and as far as clearing guns in my vehicle... yeah, that's a good recommendation (I'm being sarcastic...)

How about, "keep you gun cased or holstered until in the range stall - then take it out and clear it while keeping it down range". (A simple rule that MANY ranges have)

If you don't know how to clear it, ask the Range Staff for help.
Hello! Don't worry about what is written on the website. I am not certain why they left that up there - it was originally written to deal with their specific ammo/brass requirements, but they have resolved those concerns and you can now shoot all types of brass on the range. You are absolutely allowed to walk in with your open or concealed carry and no longer have to clear firearms outside the shop.

The facility is excellent, the air scrubber top notch, and the lanes and functions of the target system work wonderfully. I really like it there (except the cost, but the extra bit seems worth it to me).

· Registered
3,238 Posts
Hello! Don't worry about what is written on the website. I am not certain why they left that up there - it was originally written to deal with their specific ammo/brass requirements, but they have resolved those concerns and you can now shoot all types of brass on the range. You are absolutely allowed to walk in with your open or concealed carry and no longer have to clear firearms outside the shop.

The facility is excellent, the air scrubber top notch, and the lanes and functions of the target system work wonderfully. I really like it there (except the cost, but the extra bit seems worth it to me).
That is good to hear. I'll let my dad know about the range, and I'll try to check it out next time I'm out.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts