Washington DC Police Officers attacked by youths while trying to make arrest (video)

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by serve_and_protect, May 29, 2020.

1. Detectorist

Detectorist

This is going to continue until things calm down.

steveksux and B C like this.

2. fastbolt

fastbolt

Well, many of the Comments in that link are certainly dismaying.

What do you suppose might happen if police simply stopped making arrests?

3. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

The actual idea of Police stems from the Social Contract we all have agreed upon...if enough people decide to Not abide by the contract, then we revert back to Vigilantism. The Thin Blue Line is being stretched to the limit...I think it's time we re-think the whole idea of how LE is conducted here in the US...part of that changing dynamic may be that physical arrests are only made for specific enumerated violent Felonies...all other lesser criminals are given a summons.... would that have a disastrous effect on the public? Yep... but we have to come up with some way to dial this all back....if enough folks will not "comply" with LE. Then the contract must be changed, as it appears society will not tolerate a physical response to rioting....tough times ahead, for all of us

4. The Fist Of Goodness

The Fist Of Goodness

Well, I imagine the ER in places like Chicago would have to lay people off, since all of those people shot every night by the police won't need their services anymore.

Newcop761, Terry G and nikerret like this.
  5. fastbolt

fastbolt

How many people are shot there every night by police?

Just going by the number and volume of reported shootings committed by non-LE there, it wouldn't appear that any of the ER depts would need to cut back on their staff.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  6. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

Sarcasm can be so very difficult to convey with the written word

7. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

I think you forgot your /sarc tag...

8. Bish1309

Bish1309

Lots of racist comments on that Twitter feed. Wow, the blacks are just gathering steam. I did see several that were bent towards violence. I thought that was verboten?

9. The Fist Of Goodness

The Fist Of Goodness

I did. :oops:

serve_and_protect likes this.
  10. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

In light of current events, since organizations like fb and twitter ban all sorts of posts, I wonder if a case couldn't be brought against them for being complicit in calling for violence if they don't remove such posts. The whole "can't yell fire in a theater" thing

11. B C

B C

The comments on that are ridiculous, but I wouldn't expect different on that POS's posts. Calling for race wars, arming up, and working out to take on the police. How about you just don't commit crime? It's that ****ing simple.

Macc283, Bish1309, Tanger and 4 others like this.
  12. PSUEng

PSUEng

My question is, why, in a democratic utopia, was George resorting to passing fake bills? I thought in Democrat utopia, everyone is taken care of? Free healthcare, UBI, etc.

I mean, pass fake bills, get an encounter with police, bad luck you get the cop that has a history of demonstrating excessive force...then the communist play on race comes in, and you have riots, which give the police even more power...just a bad all around situation.

Bish1309 and serve_and_protect like this.
  13. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

In the entire country of 320,000,000 people, 800,000 of whom are police, the police still only shoot less than 3 people a day.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  14. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Coming soon to a town near you...

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fatboy2001 likes this.
  15. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

One change that might be worth considering is making the city/town police chiefs an elected position instead of an appointed one.

We already have elected county sheriffs, and that system seems to work pretty well. Of course, there are occasionally sheriffs that are corrupt, but the elected sheriff system doesn't seem to be any more prone to corruption than the system of the mayor or city council appointing the city police chief.

It might also be worth taking a look at making the Chief of the State Police/Highway Patrol an elected position. The state Attorney-General is elected by popular vote, so why not the Chief of the State Police?

I think that turning these appointed positions into elected positions is at least worth considering.

That might give aggrieved communities a sense of having more influence and control over the law enforcement system in their communities. If they feel that they are being mistreated or their rights are being violated, they could vote out the Chief of Police at the next election.

It would also make the process of selecting a CLEO for the municipality a lot more transparent, since everyone would get to vote, instead of sketchy backroom deals in the city council and mayor's office, where the chief is appointed.

The counter-argument to this would be: what if some municipalities aren't responsible enough to elect a competent/honest CLEO, and they elect someone crooked or incompetent. Cities like Washington DC and Detroit have elected crooked mayors in the past, and LA elected a crooked sheriff who is now in prison. What if some municipalities can't be trusted to elect a decent CLEO?

I think that argument can be rebutted with: 1) these people are already electing their county sheriffs, and 2) if people in a municipality elect a crook, the state and federal authorities can exercise oversight of, and if necessary, remove that person from office just like how mayors and sheriffs can be removed if they are committing crimes or other misconduct.

Just some thoughts.

16. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Also, where does a person even get fake bills to pass around?

Can you order counterfeit money on the internet? Is there a fake money store somewhere? Did George make them on his computer and print them off with his own printer at home?

cbetts1 likes this.
  17. Rotn1

Rotn1

Apparently with the right paper and high res camera / copier / printer folks can get something passable.

Foreign actors frequently try to reproduce US currency sometimes in vast quantities

As well the real pro’s are a whole different level.

My understanding has always been the secret service takes any counterfeiting very very seriously since, initially at least they don't know what they are dealing with.

So while a $20 bill being passed it could be part of a large stash.......... not saying that was the case in Minneapolis.

18. B C

B C

You can get fake money on Amazon that looks passable. It says "For Motion Picture Use Only" on it. There is lots of it for sale.

19. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

I'll will (can) not comment - I would get banned! :D
    Best comment, "Taylor Swift is the next Angela Davis." :animlol:

Movie comes to mind - "Omega Man" or "Escape from New York"

omega man.jpg escape from new york.jpg