close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Was told by Albuquerque PD I'm too old for fast bike

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by fnfalman, May 27, 2006.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

So, here I was in Albuquerque, cruising the old streets on my Aprilia, fully geared up (mesh is your friend), doing about 31 in a 35 zone (stuck behind traffic) and suddenly a squad car lit up on me.

Pulled over with a lot of puzzlement.

The cop came and asked how I'm doing. I replied that I'd do a lot better if he enlightens me on what I did wrong. He said that he ran my plate and it didn't show up. I replied that I just registered the bike today and proceeded to whip out the registration, moto license, insurance, the whole enchilada. The cop looked at everything and sent me on my way with a ,"Don't you think you're too old to ride something like this?"

So I smirked and said, "you're right officer! Tomorrow I'll go to a Harley-Davidson joint and pick up a slow bike just to please you."

He snorted and walked back to his car.

I wonder how many "random" license plate checks he ran on sport bikes versus everything else?

To all those who are in favor of profiling (profiling for anything), it sucks when you're the recipient.

2. RickD

RickD Pro-Open Curry Millennium Member

You have a thing for sexy Italiano bikes, no?

Rick

3. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

Reply>> Eh, but the bike is an easy way for an old guy to get a BJ.

4. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

They do it all the time around here.
    I've started using my tank mounted camera to record everything including these fishing expeditions. Once I get enough bogus stops recorded I'm making a trip by the Sheriff and Chiefs offices and letting them know about my displeasure.
    It should make for a good history of bogus stops to take to court if I get written up for something "iffy".

Hey fnfalman, you still interested in meeting up for a ride Monday? A buddy and I are heading to the mountains for a tour on Monday.

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I'm afraid I'll have to pass on the Monday ride. It looks like my visit to ABQ is shorter than anticipated so I'll have to spend as much time with my family out here and then head back on Wednesday. But at least I got my bike registered for New Mexico now.

6. Motor-T

Motor-T Windbag

You missed a spot.

7. DriBak

DriBak GUNS UP Millennium Member

that's what her dad said

8. PDude

PDude

I'm 48 and was riding my CBR900 with a couple of 18 or 19 yr olds in the VA mtns. Smokey the bear came by when two of us were stopped drinking water, the third was riding 60mph power wheelies.

I think I seen enough if you gentlemen today, you had enough fun for one day. He said he saw me going 85mph earlier, me?? LOL

And you have a lot of grey in that beard to be out here with these young punks. WTF?

9. OJ

OJ Deceased Millennium Member

I never thought I'd see the day when 39 was too old to ride a "fast" bike???:upeyes:

I just got back from my ride to Cripple Creek & back on this one (it'll do at least 1 1/2 times any legal limit). That's my weekly ride and I (generally) stay not more than 10 MPH over the posted legal limit.;)

Great ride - all curves from twisties to sweepers - longest straight stretch is only 2 1/2 miles long!:)

[​IMG]

Oh yeah - I forgot to mention I'll hit my 80th birthday 12 August, 2006! Hang in there, youngster!:supergrin:

I also forgot to mention it's 114.2 miles round trip.

:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

10. Motor-T

Motor-T Windbag

I was going to say I hope that I'm still riding when I'm your age. But, truth be known, I hope I'm still walking when I'm your age.

BTW Nice ride.

11. rick601

rick601

I've been riding for about 3 weeks now- 25 miles each way to work and weekends with my son- got a 83 kawa 750! We took the MSF together- I'm 59 yrs old and deciding if my next bike should be a sport or a cruiser! Till I decide I'm having a blast on what I've got and I LOVE researching all kinds. Now the v-strom, Kawa z750s, suzuki Boulevard83 and almost ANY Triumph all look good!! When you're dead THEN youre too old!! And if you think you are too old- you might BE dead!
    Thanks for being here-

Nice BMW oj-

12. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Wonder what he would say to my about-to-turn 76 year old father on his Seca 900?