Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember when I was like 13 I had this period of about 7-8 months where I couldn't stop thinking about my own death. And it scared me. I guess I was entering teenage years and at some point it occured to me for the first time that we all must die.

But I guess the pre/early teenage mind is wierd. I also remember this one time I stared into a bathroom mirror for like four hours trying to hypnotize myself and getting all freaked out when it was starting to work.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
No, not at all.

·
Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner
14,544 Posts
Didn't use to be, but after reading GT for awhile I'm scared of EVERYTHING now.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Maybe as a young boy.Now, not so much.When its time, its time but I do not dwell on such things.

·
NOT MOD APPROVED
8,680 Posts
Yes, after my mom died of a heart attack when I was 16.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
My kids are 6 months old and I work in a dangerous job...so it is on my mind frequently. I just resolve that if anything is gunna take me out I am gunna fight like hell to prevent it and the reaper is gunna have to drag me down kicking and screaming....

·
Got ointment?
4,284 Posts
I'm scared of Wal Mart receipt checkers, but I learned to blade so they don't see me.

I also freak out when somebody knocks on my door or rings the doorbell.

These things make death pale by comparison.

Thanks, GT!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have put a lot of thought into it. It is not the dying part I'm scared of it's how sad everyone is going to be when I'm gone. There is nothing we can do about it so make the most of everyday and sit back and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
I had a 10 day period waiting for acceptance from the insurance company to cover my first cancer surgery. The dog was the confessor.

·
local trouble maker
9,125 Posts
Scared to death of having a stroke and spending years as a vegetable.

I don't chase it anymore but don't run from it either. Were all going to die.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
How bad can it be?

Not worried at all, kids are grown, even have a nice plot payed for.

Its going to happen, ready or not.

·
Smartass Pilot
20,786 Posts
When my jeep got away from me and ended up pushing me to the ground and running over my leg (I was stupid, long story), I saw my life flash before my eyes.

The sad part was that it wasn't even interesting. :rofl:

·
Banned
3,031 Posts
Death is not the scary part. Scary beyond imagination is the place where you can go after death. I have been there. You do not have to go there though. Jesus can keep you out of there.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts