close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Warren/ Sevigny sight sets

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Tackleberry90, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Tackleberry90

Tackleberry90

I am not doing well with the stock G17 sights. I have searched and it looks like the Warren/ Sevigny sets have a good following. What says the forum and which ones? The fiber optic? The competition blade?

Thanks ahead of time!

2. FSHNFVR

FSHNFVR

I just shot my first IDPA match today with my new Warren sight. I got the Warren plain rear with FO front and I love them. I like the Warren over the sevigny because of the cut.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Since all eyes are different, no one can tell what is best for you except you. Popular GSSF sights are:

Warren
    Sevigny
    Heinie
    AmeriGlo
    Dawson
    Bo-mar

My eyes prefer Ameriglo black target sights.

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i use fixed heinie and a solid ameriglo front for Action Pistol and GSSF for USPSA and Steel Challenge I use a Dawson FO front with the same heinie rear. i used the Warren/ Sevigny sights on the guns glock provided for the Gunny Challenge and for what little bit i used them liked them just fine.

5. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Warren competition rears on all of my GSSF guns except unlimited. Red FO front sight.

All steel carry rears and comp fronts on several of my other "additional guns" and a set of carry rears with a tritium night front.

I love the crisp sight picture and the thin front sight lets you get the front sight on target and still see the targets outline.

6. sailor

sailor

I am sure not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but after trying several combos I found I like the Dawson FO front and Heinie Rear. Some folks do not like the FO for GSSF shooting but I found that it works for me.

7. Jon_R

Jon_R

If you can take a look at lots of peoples sites see what you like. That is not always an option but is nice when it is.

My glocks all wear Sevigny Sights.

Competition with FO on the 35
    Competition on the 2 17s
    Carry on the 23 and 19

I have not shot GSSF yet but they work well in IDPA and USPSA for me. If you can find a local IDPA monthly match you might want to try it. At least at my local matches glocks make up about half and most have changed their sights. I have found people are more then willing to show you what they got and talk with you about how they like them.

8. 9mmdude

9mmdude

I have gone through most of those listed above and right now I like the Truglo night sights and the Truglo fiber sights. The Red Front Green Rear is working for my old eyes.

9. GlockinRandall

GlockinRandall Member

After trying every sight ever created (not really, just seems like it), I use plain Ameriglo target sets. They have a plain black front sight. The notch in the rear sight is the same width as the Sev.Comp. rear and the front is a little narrower, .090. Pretty similar to the Sev.Comp. but at Ameriglo they are only 39.99 and you will get a 25 percent discount if you use "GSSF" as a discount code. If like all black sights, I would suggest these. I have a Sev.Comp. rear and a Dawson fiber optic front on my USPSA gun. Good luck.

10. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I use the black Heinie sights on my G17s. I tried a FO on the front, but went back to the black Heinie and shoot better.

11. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

I was in same situation as you, and my research turned up the same.

I went with the Competition sights, and like them just fine. They are completely black. I did not get the FO front sight.

Takes a little getting used too, but I like them.