Glock Talk banner

Warranty surprise?

2275 14
Please know I'm not terribly concerned. However, I was a little surprised when I filled on my warranty card this morning on my first ever Glock, to find it was warranted for one year. I assumed it was a lifetime warranty.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,009 Posts
Please know I'm not terribly concerned. However, I was a little surprised when I filled on my warranty card this morning on my first ever Glock, to find it was warranted for one year. I assumed it was a lifetime warranty.
Warranty was never much of a concern for me either. Glocks are pretty user friendly when it comes to replacing parts if it ever becomes necessary.

· Registered
15,399 Posts
Don't sweat it, but don't hesitate to contact them if needed. They seem to take care of people pretty well. Or join GSSF and let the armorers at the matches deal with life's little issues.

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Never filled out a card and never had any issues with Glock fixing a Glock for anyone regardless of age or use.
Ditto. All firearms manufacturers will repair or replace anything that is broken or prone to break, worn out parts, etc. if it hasn't been altered or clearly abused by the user. Usually free of charge. Some have faster turn around times than others. They're less concerned about repair costs than liability. If you've changed out the OEM parts for aftermarket stuff, or taken a dremel to the frame, they aren't gonna like it much though. You may get the gun back in the same condition with a polite note explaining that it's not their problem anymore.

· Registered
1,055 Posts
25+ years ago (when Glock first came out) a lot of gun manufacturers only warranted their guns for 1 year. Lifetime warranty is something new. Warranty does NOT cover normal wear and tear.

Beretta only warranties their pistols for 1 year, but you can extend it to 3 years if you register on-line.

Ruger never had any written warranty, but they would always fix their guns for free regardless of who was the original owner or how old it was.

· Giggity-Goo!!!
4,046 Posts
My thing is is that why is there a 1 year warranty when you're pretty much have a lifetime warranty.

Never had to fill out the card either, but I just call Glock or take it to a GSSF match and my Glock is fixed.

· Registered
1,055 Posts
My thing is is that why is there a 1 year warranty when you're pretty much have a lifetime warranty.

Never had to fill out the card either, but I just call Glock or take it to a GSSF match and my Glock is fixed.

Because of our incompetent legal system and crooked lawyers.

Bill Ruger said the reason why his company never gave and expressed or implied warranty, was so they had the option of how they wanted to handle the repair. If they put it in writing, they had to follow specific legal requirements which if not followed could cost them a lot of money.

· Banned
353 Posts
Slightly off-message-- I own G-26's and recently bought a couple of G-43' thought about trading the G-26 for a G-19, but after some thought I realize that the G-26 is far more versatile (and I shoot it well). I use G-19 mags as a reload for the G-26, I also have a couple of Glock +1 mags, and a pile of 10 round OEM G-26 mags (flat floor plate)...I bought the G-43 for those times when I need something more discrete. In the end I don't need a G-19.

· Registered
9,061 Posts
Glock has never admitted an error or poor builds. They simply make a new part and let the customer be their beta tester. The G42 is a prime example. Virtually every one in the original run had to be sent back. But would Glock do a recall? Hell no. That would be admitting they screwed up something.

· Part Time
4,779 Posts
What's this "warranty" thing you speak of??? :) But seriously, I never even knew there was a warranty registration card with Glocks and I thought it was lifetime as well. I've owned well over 100 of them and have never had the need so I guess I'll cross that bridge when/if I ever come to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.