close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Warranty Issue

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TreeHuggerMugger, Feb 21, 2010.

1. TreeHuggerMugger

TreeHuggerMugger

Hey all. New poster here. I've been lurking for a while but finally decided to jump in. Mainly 'cause I need your help (classic I know).

So I haven't gone through all the forum rules, but I'm a frequent gun-forum contributor and am certain there are rules on GT about posting "for sale" or other advertising threads. I want to make it clear that this is NOT one of them. However, if this thread needs moved, please move it. I'm just looking for a little help.

Now my problem. I'm selling my G17 locally but have had a hard time getting interest. I've DuraCoated the grip (just the polymer) in a flat dark earth color. An interested party mentioned that he was surprised it hadn't sold yet and suspected that some may be under the impression that the DuraCoat voids the warranty.

Soooo....

Does a paint or other such permanent but cosmetic change void a Glock warranty? I can see how Glock may technically say it does but in practice have a little leniency. So hopefully someone here has some experience in this area and has dealt with Glock on this level. Thanks!

-THM

2. voyager4520

voyager4520

I know they say in the manual that anything, especially aftermarket parts, that affects the function of the pistol voids the warranty. That's really a liability statement, but it might cause problems if the gun has to be sent in. Call Glock and ask them: Tel.: +1 770 - 432 1202

3. AustinTx

AustinTx

Nobody asked but I wouldn't buy one that had been painted. Who knows how high a temperature the paint was cured at?

4. TreeHuggerMugger

TreeHuggerMugger

Yeah that's what I was afraid of.

Just a FYI, DuraCoat just dries, like spray paint. No heat or excessive treatment needed.

I'll give them a call I guess...

Thanks!