Wanting to add a P226....Legion vs Tacops.....trigger questions...

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by DubfromGA, Feb 15, 2017.

1. DubfromGA

DubfromGA

Howdy folks.

I really have been wanting to get back to a P226. I simply like the design, they fit my largish paw and it's an ongoing incentive to buckle down and make more room inside the old waistband. Fat guy sliming down over the last 18 months or so.

I'm struggling trying to find a local dealer who has anything in stock in a P226 at the moment.

I was hoping those of you who have used the P226 Legion and the P226 Tacops could compare the trigger "reach".

I like the sights on both and the Tacops would most likely be receiving G10 grips and some flush fit magazines.....sorta negates the upcharge for the Legion, I suppose. The four 20-rounders mags will be great for home defense use, though.

Anyway....would love to hear some shooting impressions and experiences from both of these fine guns. The P226 is a platform that I've enjoyed before....and am ready to get one back in the stable soon.

2. DubfromGA

DubfromGA

Productive morning.............

I called around to a gun store in town that I seldom go to.

They are loaded with high-in inventory.....and list everything close to msrp. They destroy you on trade in's.......call themselves an armory and are located adjacent to their upscale jewelry store.

The one thing they have in addition to the inventory.......are always.....always....some superfine looking women working there. One of them helped me out this morning on both the Sigs I wanted to see.

[​IMG]

The P226 Tachops really appeals to me. My current need is mainly for home defense and range fun. This monster is the ticket for both. I like the SRT trigger and the TFO sights on it.

She also had the P226 and P229 Legion models, too. Hmmnnnn......the SRT/Grayguns trigger really felt sweeeeeeet on those. The X-Ray sights were great, too.

I was surprised at how well my paw did on the P229. I didn't think there'd be enough grip there, but it worked just fine.

It was a tough call. I really like the G10 grips on the Legion series....but I like the Hogue G-10 aftermarket grips a tad better. The finish on the Legion looks great, too.

Decisions...........it'd be nice to jump on all three, lol.

3. Willard

Willard Who, me?

You can add the adjustable over-travel trigger to the Tacops. It already has the short reach trigger. It also has the short reset trigger. I did a buff and polish on the action of my Tacops, installed a 17lb hammer spring, and G-10 checkered grips. Wow, super smooth DA, and AMAZING SA! I decided the adjustable over-travel trigger wasn't worth the bother.