close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wanting a 5" 1911...

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by beaversgs, Feb 21, 2012.

1. beaversgs

beaversgs

Now I'm seeing the SALightweight Operator for @$900. Dang it this ain't easy... Biggest decision I need to make is what I want to spend.

GregB

2. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

When I was looking for a SA LW champion operator, it took me about three months. I got one for $780 from a guy in Connecticut. Keep your eyes open they're out there.
    :wavey:

3. thinktwice

thinktwice

If I am not mistaken, the Colt Rail gun has less MIM parts, than most of the other production guns. I looked at the new Colt Rail gun in all black, it's seems to be very well made,and fit and finish was very impressive.

4. Glocklvr

Glocklvr

Kimber TLE is a great service pistol. I don't know if LAPD SWAT is still using it but I know at one time it was their sevice pistol. Mine has never failed me although I do use Wilson Mags. I think you would be happy with it.

5. okie

okie GT Mayor

I vote the RO my friend:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

6. Danimal3805

Danimal3805

I vote either RO or RIA! I have the "tactical" RIA and It's been really great to me! Almost bought the RO, but decided that if I didn't like the RIA I could either buy the parts to make it better (1911 parts are cheap!) Or just trade it towards the RO. I couldn't be happier with the RIA though. I just wish it had a single sided GI thumb safety instead of the ambi one :supergrin:

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. Sr. Bang Bang

Sr. Bang Bang

Man, you keep that gun pristine. Have you ever even shot it? It looks great my friend. I typically go for "interesting-grained" wood grips, but I love the OD synthetics on yours.

8. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Liberty or Death

Go with the best that your budget will allow then replace any MIM parts you don't like as your budget will allow. JMHO, YMMV.