close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

wanted: gently used S&W 4" 686-3 or -4

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by pdmcghinnis, Aug 6, 2002.

1. pdmcghinnis

pdmcghinnis

needing a S&W 686-4 in a 4 inch barrel, six shot cylinder, on which to perform some custom work. Would prefer a face to face exchange in NC but I'm flexible. Have a G27 w/nite sites, 2 mags, 2 Pierce extensions, factory holster, factory mag carrier, and Galco SOB holster to trade (or sell) for same. Glock has 61 rounds of Speer 180 grn Gold Dot through it and is 3 months old. Was my backup/off-duty until replaced by my 640-1.

Also looking for a 4 or 5 inch S&W Mod. 625, used or new.

Thanks

2. brownrice

brownrice

How about a 681 S&W? Its the same gun with combat sights. Of course its only been shot by a little old lady on sundays. No really its my night stand gun. I want to move my G-19 there and move to a G-26 for carry.

3. pdmcghinnis

pdmcghinnis

Now that might do. Having not played with a 681 in several years I forget if the 681 is drilled and tapped for a scope. I'm building a revolver for USPSA open division and it will do double duty in IDPA SSR division. For open class USPSA I need the ability to mount a C-More scope.

4. brownrice

brownrice

No, its not drilled. And I dont know how hard that would be. Let me know what you think. Ill be traveling through Charlotte-Hickory to Blowing Rock on Thur to Fri. Let me know. Neal

5. pdmcghinnis

pdmcghinnis

thanks. I appreciate the offer but I'm really needing a 686 for this project, though the 681 is really nice.

6. BJSM16

BJSM16

Would you consider a 28-2 (Highway Patrolman)? It has a 4" barrel and I am pretty sure it is drilled and tapped for scope mount. I believe the rear sight has to come off in order to mount the base. I will double check when I get home from work tonight. It has under 200 rounds through it. I bought it, about 1 month ago, from a neighbor of mine who was the original owner. It is like new. It also is the large frame. K frame if I'm correct. I bought it from him because he is getting a divorice and put it in the safe. I have not shot it. I owned a S&W 586 last year with a 8 3/8" barrel and loved it. My cousin now has it for deer and elk hunting. Let me know if you are interested. My e-mail is BJSM16@AOL.com. Thanks, Brandon.

7. pdmcghinnis

pdmcghinnis

Sorry I'm needing a 686-4 or possibly a dash 5 for a project I'm working on with my gunsmith.

8. verne787

verne787

I have a 686-3 4". Shot some 38's through it. Like new. no box. I can do without it. What do you have in mind?

9. pdmcghinnis

pdmcghinnis

I appreciate your interest. I recently discovered, however, that I'm needing to obtain a dash 4 model for ewhat I'm wanting to accomplish. I need one already drilled and tapped along the top strap and S&W advised that they began doing that with the dash 4 series. But thanks for your reply.

10. glen123

glen123

iI HAVE A MOD 686 4IN STAINLESS,RAMP AND ORANGEHOGUE RUBBER COMBAT GRIPS AND S/W COMBAT WOOD VERY NICE,GUN ABOUT 90%,FIRED LESS THAN 300RDS,NICE ACTION.AHD 9599 C14768X6. ALSO MODEL 66/3 STAINLESS,95%ANY USE TO YOU FOR YOUR PROJECT,COULD USE THE GLOCK.THANKS GLEN:)