Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
901 - 920 of 999 Posts
Hello. I had erratic ejections with my Generation 3 Glock 19, test fire date March 2012. I replaced the stock extractor with the extractor from my Generation 3 Glock 30. The dimensions of the extractor are slightly different but only slightly. The first thing I noticed after installing the G30 extractor was that it held the case firmly against the breech face. The original stock G19 extractor claw touched the case at the angled transition between the rim of the case and the side wall. This allowed for a tremendous amount of play in the case while being "held" by the extractor. Granted, the case doesn't spend much time being held by the extractor during the rearward movement of the slide, but the play was excessive. The casings from the first couple of magazines fired through the G19 with the G30 extractor ejected perfectly. The next 600 rounds ejected perfectly with only a very small handfull going straight back, but well above the shooters head. Any cases using the stock extractor that ejected straight back ejected only a few inches above the gun, basically, they hit me in the face. I consider the gun fixed. I am unsure if the replacement extractor is acting as a band-aid or directly corrected the cause of the symptom but I can't deny the fact that ejection is perfect. For giggles I purchased the Gen 4 ejector with the flat face and installed it into the Glock 19. The ejection with the Glock 30 extractor had reduced ejection quality, though still acceptable. The ejection with the new ejection and the STOCK G19 extractor was as good if not better than with the Glock 30 extractor alone. For my pistol, both the Glock 30 extractor or the Gen 4 9mm ejector ( each alone only ) corrects the erratic ejection I was experiencing. I have discussed this issue in great length with many people in the firearms industry and it seems likely the case is slipping out from under the extractor during extraction/ejection and rotating around it's own center of mass rather than pivoting around an axis under the claw of the extractor and gaining lateral momentum to carry the case out the side of the ejection port. This stationary rotation causes the case to impact the breech in various locations as the slide begins to move forward again which causes the case to be thrown in extremely random directions. There are plenty of slow motion videos on YouTube showing the cases bouncing around in the ejection port. I hope this information helps someone in some way.

First 50 rds in my FDE G19 were all in the forehead. I talked to Glock and they sent me a new ejector and a new extractor. The ejector is a 30274. Installed both, ran another 50 rds. I had maybe 5 rds eject correct, the rest were at the 6. Some just fly out and hit my hand. No FTEs which is a good thing. Now since I have parts to mess with I am going to try the "Dave" fix to the extractor. Stay tuned.
My FNX-9 worked perfect.

10mm's have this problem too. After suffering a pretty bad 10mm shell sized burn on my right temple (got caught between my head and shooting glasses), I just changed the ejector on my G20sf to the older style with no loaded chamber bump. It is significantly different shaped, the machining seems to be finer and of a higher quality, and grabs the shells much more firmly. Hopefully I can take it out to test tomorrow. I control the frame pretty well while firing, so they weren't hitting me in the face, but they DO go straight up in the air. This one ejected up, hitting the overhead, and landing on me. My old G22 NEVER did this at all!

Stay tuned for a follow up...

Has anyone heard that the newest Gen 4's have the erratic ejection issues solved? ..(with a test date after 10/10/2011 printed on the envelope of spent shell casings),

08/21/2012 Update
Called Glock to check for warranty parts eligibility on a buddy's Gen 4 G22 w/ test date prior to 10/10/2011 & it did need the part & is being shipped. I asked if the 10/10/2011 date was good info & it is. As far as they are concerned if it has a test date 10/10/2011 or after it should not have known issues.

The only part they are sending is the recoil spring complete assembly. No extractor or ejector. At the end of the recoil spring where it touches the barrel, it had 2 numbers, a zero at 9 o'clock, and a one at 3 o'clock. The replacement spring will have another number in addition to these at 6 o'clock & I think he said it would be a 4.

I just bought a G19 3rd gen TKPxxx, tested 07/07/12. The first box seemed fine, but I wasn't watching for extraction issues. Dipped extractor, 336 ejector.

Is this problem still out there with the brand new ones? Guess I'll have to find out.

Just shot 30rd of Federal 115gr FMJ, it's throwing it about 3-4 o'clock, about 3 feet. Shot some Federal HST +P, same direction but with more power. I'll be able to shoot alot more soon and report back.

I just bought a G19 3rd gen TKPxxx, tested 07/07/12. The first box seemed fine, but I wasn't watching for extraction issues. Dipped extractor, 336 ejector.

Is this problem still out there with the brand new ones? Guess I'll have to find out.
Mine was fired 3/12(gen 3) had issues-dipped extractor. Glock replaced a **** load of parts along with non dip extractor, testing today.
Now I wanna go listen to sublime.

Please report back after testing. Did you just call Glock and they sent them to you, or did you have to send it in or what. I did have some kind of weak ejections.

Shot some more Fed HST +p they went about 7' 4-5 o'clock. Hornady Zmax 115gr are going about 3'-4', 3-4 o'clock.

I took my original extractor and polished most of the casting marks off the top and bottom. I used a arkansas stone to do this. I left the new 30274 ejector in the gun. Went to the range today. Ran 50 rds, I had 7 come back and hit me in the head. About half went to the 4 O'clock. The rest went straight up.
So polishing the extractor has made a big difference. I'm calling this promising.
Time to get the files out. :supergrin:

Hi guys. I also just registered here because I was thinking about purchasing a Glock 19 as my first handgun. Seems like the ejection issues I have been reading about have not been solved yet.

Pathfinder20 what other brand would you recommend? I hear people like H&K but it is a big price difference, is sig sauer a better option? I'm not familiar with pricing.

M&P. Less expensive than Glocks and actually work.
Did the M&P 9mm accuracy issue go away yet ? I know they started using new barrel lock lugs recently.

:tongueout:

Those 2 problems (glock ejection & M&P accuracy issue) combined made me buy a Sig 226.

Right now, if I had to push a brand/model for newbies, I'd recommend an HK USP 9mm used. You can find one for around 5 C bills with some patience... my 2 cents.

I was considering an M&P9c M&P9 or a Sig 2022 9mm. I am holding onto my Sig 229 in 357 until all these issues calm down. I wasnt aware of M&P pistols having major problems. Will go to their website to update.

I was considering an M&P9c M&P9 or a Sig 2022 9mm. I am holding onto my Sig 229 in 357 until all these issues calm down. I wasnt aware of M&P pistols having major problems. Will go to their website to update.
Not to hijack, but yes the 9mm full size have lock up issues causing the barrel to come out of battery way too fast for projectile to stay on trajectory... I've bench tested them at 15yards between my M&P9 FS and M&P9c. M&P9c was more accurate.

Did the M&P 9mm accuracy issue go away yet ? I know they started using new barrel lock lugs recently.

:tongueout:

Those 2 problems (glock ejection & M&P accuracy issue) combined made me buy a Sig 226.

Right now, if I had to push a brand/model for newbies, I'd recommend an HK USP 9mm used. You can find one for around 5 C bills with some patience... my 2 cents.
Not just newbs, I've owned plenty of glocks, an m&p, a few xdm's, last buy was a lcr 357 and an lcp, p2000sk is next on my list

My wife and I just entered the "World of Guns." Went through safety training and after some research purchased two brand new Glocks having been led to believe that the brass to the head issue had been resolved in the new Gen 4's. We purchased a Glock 19 and a Glock 26 - both new Gen 4's.

The 26 was test factory fired on 6/7/12, the serial # begins with TDL
The 19 was test factory fired on 6/23/12, the serial # begins with TKV

Today was the third time at the range. We have now put about 400 rounds through the 19 and 300 through the 26. We are using relatively cheap, light ammo that was given to us which is the Remington 115 grain 9mm value box of 250.

Today we had about 25% of the brass hitting us in the head or shoulders. We also had two Failures to feed.

We do not know if it is ammo related as I do not know how old the Remington was. We also shot a magazine from each gun filled with Federal 115 gr Hi Shok +p+ JHP and that seemed to extract much better with no Failures.

I did stop on the way home and picked up a fresh box of 124 grain American Eagle JHP to take on the range next time and see how it performs.

To be honest, being relatively new a lot of the detailed responses on Glock talk are a little over my head at this stage but I am learning. My next step is to see how the fresh 124 grain performs. Any other suggestions are welcome.

901 - 920 of 999 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.