Want to turn your Yugo 59/66 into a Sniper?

Discussion in 'SKS Carbiners' started by Gunnut 45/454, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Then shoot it in single shot mode! I went out today to shoot some reloaded brass rounds so I didn't want to loose the brass so I switched too single shot mode. Wasn't impreesed with the loads-thats another post- so after I shot that string I loaded up 10 rounds of Tula 122gr FMJ to see what they'd do! Now in normal semi-auto they are about 2.0-2.5" at 100 yards from the bench. Now under stand if the shooter could have gotten the same aimpoint every time I have no doupt the over all group would have been one big hole! :faint: I did call one shooter flyer -actually surprised it was on the target at all !:upeyes: I'm also wondering how much the increase in FPS was in the single mode cause the first four shots were so low. I'm going to have to chrony the Tula in that mode. I get 2503 Fps in semi. :supergrin:

Attached Files:

2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

3. bonehead098

bonehead098

I'm missing something here. Does your SKS have a FA option?

4. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

I am sure he is talking about using the grenade sight/gas shut off valve.

[​IMG]

:cool:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  5. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Glockdude1
    Yep only found on the Yugo SKS! Sorry you other model owners are SOL!

And that Peep site might be an option to go with. I have my good days and bad days with the stock sites with my old eyes! Today wasn't one of those good days! I may not the smartest guy around on these SKS's but I'm thinking this Yugo single shot mode wasn't just for Gernade launching!:whistling:

6. Veedubklown

Veedubklown

+1 to the tech-sites, I have them on my SKS as well, and they're awesome. However I'd hardly call a rifle shooting 7.62x39 with irons a "sniper", but I'd imagine that allowing all of your gas pressure to propel the round would increase velocity, and consistency. After all, accuracy is simply consistency stuck to a point of aim.