Want to rent property in MA, NH or ME for shooting

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by pwhitesp40, Jul 6, 2020.

1. pwhitesp40

pwhitesp40

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm a MA police officer living in the Boston area and I'm looking for a place to shoot my guns; pistols and long guns. I only need an area or field 100 yards long any length wide. Probably only use it twice a month, possibly less in the winter. I'll pay monthly. Please advise if you think I should move this to a different forum. God bless.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  2. pwhitesp40

pwhitesp40

Edit** I can pay up front for the year as well, regardless of how frequently I use it. Thanks.

3. Tvov

Tvov

For the cost of renting... what about a gun club? Club I belong to allows tactical training along with standard pistol and rifle ranges.

4. Robert Kittine

Robert Kittine

+1 for a gun club. You than have the benches, target frames etc. that you will need. Some gun clubs allow police officers to shoot free as guests. My home club is private, but to serve the community (and keep down the anti-guners) we allow the local police departments as well as the two Coast Guard Stations to use out ranges.

Bob

pwhitesp40 likes this.
  5. pwhitesp40

pwhitesp40

I belong to a gun club. The restrictions on running and gunning or even drawing from the holster are strict. Bench shooting and static shooting have their place but what I need is room and some leeway. I've looked and shot at many clubs in MA and one in NH. Just not what I'm looking for! Thanks for the response.

6. pwhitesp40

pwhitesp40

Is your club in MA? Thanks.

7. Tvov

Tvov

No, in Connecticut.

My club also has strict rules for general target shooting, but... if you are doing training or competition shooting, a lot of the rules can be suspended within reason. You have to request specific range time, and check with the head safety guy - you may be required to have an RSO during shooting. Big rule change usually is having people past the shooting ports - this is common for shooting events, need to have to have RSOs supervising and other modified safety rules in place.

A few police departments in our area have used our facilities when their own were not available. Happens almost every year, sometimes more often. My club has been very happy to help out.

Ask local clubs if they allow tactical training and what would be involved.

8. pwhitesp40

pwhitesp40

Received, thank you.