Glock Talk banner

Want to pass along a class I attended and found very informative

676 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  nursetim
http://www.statementanalysis.com

Attended this recently and found it very informative. If you get a chance to attend I think you would enjoy it.
Reactions: Newcop761
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Florist
23,378 Posts
I get lied to a lot in medicine.
In your experience, what do you find are lied about the most? Patients who exaggerate their pain/condition to get more/stronger medication? Plain vanilla hypochondriacs about whatever?

· Registered
35,067 Posts
In your experience, what do you find are lied about the most? Patients who exaggerate their pain/condition to get more/stronger medication? Plain vanilla hypochondriacs about whatever?
Mostly controlled substances. I get the occasional hypochondriac. I guess most times it a case of forgetfulness. But when it comes to narcs, it's mostly flat out deception.

Two classes I'd really like are this class and drug recognition expert.

· Registered
4,954 Posts
Mostly controlled substances. I get the occasional hypochondriac. I guess most times it a case of forgetfulness. But when it comes to narcs, it's mostly flat out deception.

Two classes I'd really like are this class and drug recognition expert.
A DRE certified RN would be very cool. Have you talked to anyone about it?

Maybe an MOU where they train you for free and you evaluate cases that have a nexus to your hospital?

They can't say yes unless you ask...

· Registered
35,067 Posts
A DRE certified RN would be very cool. Have you talked to anyone about it?

Maybe an MOU where they train you for free and you evaluate cases that have a nexus to your hospital?

They can't say yes unless you ask...
The answer is always no until you ask. It may be a moot point if I start a business I'm thinking about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts