Glock Talk banner

Want to know why it is so dangerous for LE today?

300 Views 11 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Hack
That is from a moderator on an very large and influential single state oriented forum.

It isn't okay to randomly shoot police, just remove the prohibition of shooting one trying to arrest you.

Acknowledging that the mainstream concealed/open carrying citizen would not follow this train of thought through to the train wreck, the radical elements present in society might consider it a "Call to Action".

Add to that quoted comment the strong belief prevailing among some that officer safety is being over emphasized and should be scaled back by command staff, being on the street in America and in Baghdad are coming closer to being the same.

All y'all on the street, just stay safe! Those in a position to train/advise/counsel, get your sorry asses going and teach survival and not just to the know-nothing/know everything rookies. Remind the 'street savvy' vets to watch their sixes.

Hey, but what do I know...
Not accurate. You may get a dead cop that just doing what he thought was right, or you may get a cop that realizes intentionally exceeding his authority has consequences. An officer mistakenly killed by a citizen (whatever the circumstance) is no better or worse than a citizen mistakenly killed by an officer - despite the government continuously pounding home that police are worth more than the rest of us.

Again, I am not saying that you should be able to randomly shoot an officer if you feel he's out of line. Use of force restrictions would apply, just as they do to the police. The only thing I want is the outright ban on resisting an unlawful arrest removed.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Why so serious?
45mm 9ACP
69,053 Posts
Ignorance has a powerful grip on some, especially when tempered with bias.

· Unfair Facist
28,860 Posts
despite the government continuously pounding home that police are worth more than the rest of us.
Here is the heart of the matter for them, the thumb sucking two year olds that think someone is being treated more special than they are, it just isn't fair!!

What these dimwits cannot seem to fathom is the REAL reason why any thinking society takes a harsh stance against attacking police officers. it is not because the individual person that is a cop is so extra special than anyone else. It is because an attack on someone who is the visible symbol of society's rules and laws is an attack on society itself.

This has been so since the beginning of time. An attack on the kingsgovernments representative is an attack on the king or government They are the representative of.

* and your quote sounds like something that would be said over at PAFOA. They are about the most cop hating bunch I have run across.

· Super Moderator
61,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shall neither confirm nor deny the source of the quote. :supergrin:

"Trolling" on the subject forum seems to include questioning the intent and behavioral pattern of an out of state newbie even if it would provide a firmer base on which to develop opinion about the said newbie.

But, then that could be true on a number of sites, couldn't it? :wavey:

· Unfair Facist
28,860 Posts
Geez Russ, How many times I gotta tell you?

THE CAUSE IS ALL, there are no other considerations!

· Super Moderator
19,953 Posts
Dragoon44;14663106 said:
Here is the heart of the matter for them, the thumb sucking two year olds that think someone is being treated more special than they are, it just isn't fair!!

What these dimwits cannot seem to fathom is the REAL reason why any thinking society takes a harsh stance against attacking police officers. it is not because the individual person that is a cop is so extra special than anyone else. It is because an attack on someone who is the visible symbol of society's rules and laws is an attack on society itself.

This has been so since the beginning of time. An attack on the kingsgovernments representative is an attack on the king or government They are the representative of.
To expand:

In another life, I dealt with places where judges were anonymous, lest they be murdered. Cops wore masks. Jurors? Furgedaboutit. That's pretty much the end game when society won't protect the people who're there to administer the justice system. Then there's the corruption: When Joe Cop knows there's nothing keeping the riffraff in check, he grabs what he can, when he can---because tomorrow he might be dead. Not "might be dead" like when I strap on my vest, but "might be dead" like no one can remember the last guy who made it to retirement.

But not all cops are Joe Cop. There's still a core group who're personally insulted that this is the state of affairs in their homeland. What to do? Tit for tat, that's what---the right-wing paramilatary death squads aren't a leading indicator, they're a trailing indicator. The cops who *need* justice will manufacture it when the system is that hopeless.

If a cop is dumb enough to get whacked in a drunken brawl with some guy, then tough. But when a cop, or a prosecutor, or a judge or juror get whacked because of their position of authority, then we pull out all stops. The justice system has to function: ideally by respect, but if that fails then by terror at the consequences. Otherwise, it's an internal war and "Viva los Pepes!"

· Unfair Facist
28,860 Posts
And you can see a glimmer of this one the streets. Look what happens when cops are saddled with prosecutors and judges that refuse to uphold the laws prohibiting violence against the police.

The police of course tend to respond by extracting their justice on the street. it isn't ego, it's survival. The cops have to make it clear to those that would attack them that even if the justice system fails to work in this regard that there are severe consequences to attacking cops.

· Super Moderator
61,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dragoon44;14669881 said:
...The citizens who carry have to make it clear to those that would attack them that even if the justice system fails to work in this regard that there are severe consequences to attacking citizens who carry.
Seems I've heard that before, or was I dreaming?

· Unfair Facist
28,860 Posts
RussP;14670159 said:
Seems I've heard that before, or was I dreaming?
The difference would be on one hand we are talking about actual laws prohibiting assaulting police.

And on the other fuzzy headed dimwits that make up their own rights and laws and want to enforce them. AND think that THEY determine when an arrest is unlawful or not based on THEIR skewed thinking.

· Unfair Facist
28,860 Posts
In another life,
Hey wait a minute, I thought you said in another life you were Cleopatra's pool boy??

:tongueout::rofl:

· Super Moderator
61,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dragoon44;14670620 said:
...And on the other fuzzy headed dimwits that make up their own rights and laws and want to enforce them. AND think that THEY determine when an arrest is unlawful or not based on THEIR skewed thinking.
You are soooo good!

· Crazy CO
17,668 Posts
You know this thing that you posted about is an old subject. I have heard some weird things back a number of years ago.

Like one guy who gave a state trooper a ticket out of that troopers own ticket book and demanded to see his boss.:upeyes:

I mean don't get me wrong, I think there needs to be things paid attention to by those who serve on the streets or behind the fence. Next thing you know you're going to have society in places trying to foment a rebellion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts