close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

want to call BS on LGS but......

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kenndapp, Jun 7, 2012.

1. kenndapp

kenndapp

i called my local gun store today to see if they had a gen3 17 with factory night sights and if not ......then if they could order one directly from glock for me. i was told that ever since 2010, glock doesn't ship guns with factory night sights. but (of course) they would be happy to order the gen3 17 and install night sights for me ($$$) . i dont know if they were talking about just gen3's or gen4's too. was i getting taken for a ride so that they could make a few extra dollars off of installing the sights? does glock really not ship new guns with factory night sights like they used too?

ps... if anybody has a good source for a gen3 17 with factory night sights plaese let me know about it. impact guns just sold out this week.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  2. boomhower

boomhower

It would be news to me.

3. MajorD

MajorD

actually true! glock discontinued shipping guns equipped with night sights for civilian orders

4. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

When I picked up my most recent Gen 3 G17 a few months ago I was told that they no longer ship with factory night sights.

They had some distributor specials that came with Ameriglo sights and such but no factory Glock night sight models anymore. I imagine blue label still comes with them.

I agree, it is ghey. Wonder why they did that?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  5. kenndapp

kenndapp

bummer. WTF???

6. txgunguy

txgunguy

Seen blue labels at my local store with them but none in the show case. I'm sure someone here can give a definite answer.

7. hulk2k8

hulk2k8

I've been told the same thing.

8. ChicagoZman

ChicagoZman

Glock has attempted to reduce the number of stocking units in conjunction with rolling out the Gen 4 models the past couple of years.

The only Glocks coming into the store with night sights the past year or so are TALO guns.

9. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

I've owned Glock night sights; and I didn't like them. I'd rather have a dealer installed pair of Meprolights or Trijicons, any day. I prefer a screw-on to a stake-on front sight post, too. If the dealer only asked for $100, or so, dollars for a name-brand night sight I really don't see a problem. Sounds like a golden opportunity to get yourself a Hackathorn front sight - Which is what I would do. (Maybe AmeriGlo.)

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=235257

10. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded

This is true.

11. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

12. JTBTACTICAL

JTBTACTICAL

We have them available for $579.99 :wavey:

Glocktalk members receive free shipping too!

13. EKUJustice

EKUJustice

I would rather have them added than factory. IF i go night sights, its a front only and solid black rear

14. abq87120

abq87120

I bought a GSSF G23. The dealer installed green Meps for $65, front and rear. Glock night sights are made by Meps and are identical except for what is printed on them. If you have them installed, it would pay to take a tube of blue LokTite for the front sight. The dealer won't have it.

15. JTBTACTICAL

JTBTACTICAL

Agreed! blue loktite is a must. Losing that front sight can be worse than finding a dropped contact lens.

16. Reswob

Reswob

I believe the OEM Glock night sights are made by Meprolight...

17. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

It's Glock's tritium lamps that are made by Meprolight or, more recently, by Trijicon. The rest of the sight is proprietary to Glock; and, as I said, I don't like the ones Smyrna sold me.

I recently spoke with DannyR; and, he's told me that Glock, Smyrna no longer sells the original night sights they stuck me with. Makes sense! What I got from Glock was crap; and, when I called to complain, 'Fred' simply told me, 'Live with it!' Now, is that great customer service, or what! Not even a free key chain.

Imagine! 40 years with Smith & Wesson and Ruger products, half a dozen (or so) factory returns and repairs; and, until I bought my first Glock, nobody's service staff ever told me to just, 'live with it'. Everything turned out OK, though. I went on to: buy a couple of Glock books, watched some internet videos, got some specialized tools, taught myself to repair my own Glock pistols; and I've been, 'living with it' ever since. :supergrin: