close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Want Night Sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Raiderman, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Raiderman

Raiderman

My questions is, if I go all green and the front and rear both have the white ring, or both don't have the white ring, will it get confusing. Or am I better getting yellow rears with green front.
    I would think that unless it pitch black it wouldn't matter. But in pitch black you can't see the target anyway.

Thank you in advance.

2. Wild Gene

Wild Gene

Not trying to hijack your question, but whatever you decide (and I am a KISS kind of guy), in my experiance, night sights are good for one shot, and after that, I can't really see them too well. They are good for stealthy first shots, but after that, you really need a light or a laser.

What are you putting them on?

edit here, I have a set on a 1911. I like them, and don't want to discourage you if you want them. They really do help in low light, but just get a warm fuzzy feeling inside when I have a flashlight too. And I love my laser too.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010

3. Lothar

Lothar Noob

The mepro's are designed to have the front brighter than the rears.... you can tell but IMO yellow rears is the way to go. I have mepro's on mine and love them... the wife has all green mepro's on hers and love those... personal preference really.

as far as not being too good after one shot - i disagree and i can see them after one shot but YMMV

4. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

I have Ameriglo Operators on the G23 and Trijicon's on the G22

The Trij's are 3 dot Greens good quality sights with decent pickup on target in low light and also decent target sights during the day

The Operators have a white dot on the front only and Greenf front/Yellow Rear
    They pickup a a bit faster at night/low light(front is a bit brighter) and are even faster yet in daylight(single dot)
    Also I'm able to concentrate easier on the front and that has improved my target groups by a fair amount

5. emopunker2004

emopunker2004

6. Raiderman

Raiderman

I went with Trijicons. Bought them, and were installed in 10 minutes.
    T&K Outdoors was awesome in Spartanburg SC