Want more Glock Issued Mags

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glock19CT, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Glock19CT

Glock19CT

But think store prices overcharge so shopping around.

I want 4 total. Currently 2 are being used for protection ammo which leaves a 3rd empty. I want to get 3 more mags to make it 4 for the range. I was thinking of maybe going 10 total and load them up before the range.

Anyway, I will be shopping around but any place that sells them at the lowest let me know.

Glock19 GEN4 gun.

2. Terlingueno

Terlingueno

3. Glock19CT

Glock19CT

Thanks. I was just trying to place a purchase from them and it turns out they can't ship to our state unless I have a FFL. Looks like store front it is.

4. Terlingueno

Terlingueno

Do you live in a state with magazine restrictions?

5. Glock19CT

Glock19CT

Yup which ended for a short time then Sandy Hook happened and they reinstated 10 round limit on magazines which is what I am trying to order but they won't. The stores have a $8.00 mark-up. Also, in addition to it they will no longer sell ammo to you unless you have a gun permit.

P.S.

I live in Sandy Hook so for all those conspiracy theorists, for the record it DID happen!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  6. Scrappy

Scrappy

Yeah and Im sure Robbie Parker must be the New Principal at Sandy Hook. Didnt see him on the Golden Globe awards last night though

7. Glock19CT

Glock19CT

Actually he is a doctor that worked at the same hospital as my fiance: Danbury Hospital. But you guys believe your Internet nonsense.

8. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

You can't order 10 round mags online?

9. Glock19CT

Glock19CT

No. I so want to move out of this state but there are things keeping me here for now. Thinking of Vermont and my understanding the gun laws are not nearly as bad as they are here in CT.

10. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

I assume the problem is that online retailers don't want to get busted for shipping something to a restricted state by accident, so no mags period?

Have you tried Midway? They list 10 rd mags and I don't see any restrictions on shipping up front. No idea what would pop up if you input a CT address.

11. Glock19CT

Glock19CT

Midway might be an option. I had to send them a copy of my gun permit just to get ammo but their shipping costs are ridiculous. Might buy some ammo to justify the shipping cost.

12. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Are you on their spam me list? They run all kinds of free shipping promotions. I don't know that I have used any, but they show up from time to time.

13. zirkdog

zirkdog

Get a PO Box in a free state, or take a road trip to a free sate.

halfmoonclip likes this.
  14. mrmike7189

mrmike7189

drive to NH or maine....no license required to buy ammo or mags....just be sure to buy 10 rounders or you'll be a felon in CT

15. AL Bundy's Dodge

AL Bundy's Dodge

Fyi to others than the op: brownells has a great deal going on 3 packs of g19 mags

16. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip

Can we clear up the current regs in CT; are you allowed to possess full capacity mags, but just not buy any more? If possession is ok, then zirkdog suggested going out of state, and that's your answer. Yeah, CT is a lousy place to own guns; can't figure why the gunmakers don't do a Beretta and move to a free state.
    Moon
    ETA- For the OP, you are LE? As LE, there's no exception on magazine possession? Then get out of state to get your mags.
    M

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  17. shawn mccarver

shawn mccarver

Personally, I think the minimum number of mags you should have is 6 per pistol. This is also the standard in most LE agency contracts.

18. mrmike7189

mrmike7189

6? my dept. has 3 per pistol. just like when on your gunbelt .

vista461 likes this.
  19. 125K9

125K9

??? My old sheriff's department issued G22s with 3 mags but could care less if I loaded the car down with personally owned mags for it. Is this "contract" thing something new in L.E.?

20. shawn mccarver

shawn mccarver

The RFPs are available for review. I never said an officer or agent was required to carry all 6 spare mags - just that agency contracts typically call for 6 per pistol, along with certain spare parts, etc., etc.

I was answering the question posed by the original poster. Since magazines are disposable, I was merely suggesting that you should have a minimum of six per pistol.

Smaller little departments stay with the 3 per pistol in the blue label program, and do not contract for spare parts, training mags, red inert or blue Simunition pistols.

I only mentioned large agency contracts because I think it is a good practice to have spare magazines available in case of damage, loss, or future legislation.