Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting ready to get a surefire rechargeable LED but seemingly they have discontinued their current line and are supposedly coming out with a new line "later" in the year....well im not one to know what "later" is nor wait for "later" :supergrin: so what I want to know is is there anything in a smaller size flashlight that is QUALITY offers a LED rechargeable? I want something with a good warranty im sick of using cheapies only to have them break or just mysteriously quit working. Criteria is:

1. looking for something thats relatively small(no big c or D cell mag light type ones) say like a 1 or 2 CR123 size type light

2. Rechargeable(aint gonna keep feeding it expensive batteries lol

3. good quality/warranty/reliable/stand behind their product.

4. around $100 if possible

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Mine has held up fine for the last 2 plus years or so. If you don't count finish wear that is. The light has 3 brightness levels, and (while I never really have used it other than to blind my coworkers) a strobe setting. For $100 or a little more, it's a pretty decent light.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Love my Strion LED. I've found I really dont use my bigger light anymore.

·
Registered
15,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I think I may get the Strion looks good, good reviews and even a few good CS reviews from those that needed suck..thanks I knew you guys could help me out. I was just getting sick of getting cheaper lights and then having them break for some reason or another I want one that will last.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Streamlight has unparalled customer service. If a light craps out they will fix it or replace it no questions asked. The only issue that I ran into was my dads SL-35. The light was from when Streamlight had just started. The light was bought in 1982. The switch was fried and I wanted to start using the light.

I took it to GT Distributors here in Austin. They are a Streamlight service center. They took the light apart and discovered that the switch was fried, but that they could not fix it. The switch was discontinued when Streamlight went to the new X style switches. They offered to trade the light in towards a new SL-35X but it was going to cost me so I didn't do it.

I had an early Strion incandesent switch die on me and several people that I know have had there lenses crack. Streamlight replaced them all for free.

You cant really go wrong with Streamlight. Their CS is why I am struggling with my next fullsized light purchase. I really want an LED, and am leaning towards the Pelican 8060, but an SL-20X is really hard to beat.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Strion led. Quit looking :) they have a strion led high power now with a huge lemse

·
Registered
382 Posts
Strion led. Quit looking :) they have a strion led high power now with a huge lemse
Yep, Strion LED HP. I've got both and love them. The regular Strion LED has a good throw and a good side spill. The HP has excellent throw and decent side spill. My reg Strion LED stays on my belt in a Blackhawk modulock holder bezel down. HP stays in charger next to Stinger LED HP.

·
Registered
15,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys ordered one today just the regular one I looked at the HP but didnt want the extra size.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Have you looked at the Streamlight Strion LED?
+1....Mine is great. Small enough for full-time belt carry, yet bright enough for full time use if you want to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts