close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

want a good rim fire for Plinking and getting some small game

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Mud, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Mud

Mud

i love shooting my glocks and my smith 44 but there is just something fun about poping off some .22 rounds id like to get a nice .22 for hunting and plinking whadda think of these

[​IMG]
    Or

[​IMG] this is the 4 inch bbl i also like the 5"
    Or

[​IMG]
    or

[​IMG]

thoes are my fav's

feel free to make any suggestions

jim

2. DesertShark1963

DesertShark1963

I've got a Ruger 22/45 with a 4" bbl. For very short money, it's a remarkable good little pistol. I remember we were out shooting one day and one of my shooting buddies bet me a steak dinner that I couldn't hit the re-bar from which we were hanging our targets at about 7 yards. A "ping" later, I was on my way to a nice, rare ribeye.

3. onemilmhz

onemilmhz Ten Ninety Five

If it were between the 22/45 and the Mark II, I would definitely go with the 22/45. The mag release button is in the correct place, unlike the Mark II's which is on the butt of the grip. Very awkward to use. I love the classic look of it but can't get past that crappy mag release. However, seeing how you included the Single Six in your fav's this would be my choice. My father-in-law and a buddy of ours each just got the convertible models with both .22LR and .22WMR interchangable cylinders. Talk about a couple of fun little shooters. Super accurate and fun to shoot. I would say this if you go with the Single Six. Look at the fit of the grip frame and cylider frame. If it's an aluminum grip frame, which it probably is, you may see some variance in the fit. Only like 1/32" or so but noticable. The aluminum grip frames don't get the match polishing treatment like the steel ones. Ruger will gladly perform this polishing if you get one thats off. Both of the ones we recently got were off and have been back to Ruger. They shot great but my f-i-l is a perfectionist! Just got his back and it still shoots great and looks great too. Whatever you choose enjoy it. Rimfires are a lot of fun.