Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well needless to say me and the ole lady went and got a g17 for the ole HD since we currently didn't have any firearms for the purpose.Just like some have said she has taken over the g17 calling it my (her gun).
This is fine with me since it is a large frame gun and she won't have any trouble with dropping or not finding it if she needs to use it in the house aswell as I can get my gun in january the absolute latest.

Now none of my local shops have any .45 glocks in stock.I am gonna eventually go and get my CCW so I want a .45 to do so with.
I love the feel of our g17,I held a g26 but it was 2 damn small.The 19 was ok but the g17 just felt better.

Now what .45 acp does glock make that is similar in size to the g17,g19?I don't want a compact like the 26 size since it is too small to be comfortable.
Let me know what I should be looking at so I can keep an eye out for it since my local places get alot of used glocks in.Thanks guys

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
Try a G30. Glock calls it a subcompact, but it's really closer to the size of a G19.

·
Registered
10,100 Posts
A G37 is a .45 GAP it is the same frame as a G17.

The bullet is the same caliber, weight and speed as an ACP .45.

·
GAP'r
940 Posts
If you like the grip on the 17 and you want to eventually carry your .45 concealed, I bet you'll like the 30.

·
Registered
994 Posts
G37-Same size frame as a 17 45 GAP
G38-Same size frame as a 19 45 GAP

G21-Glock large frame 45 ACP
G21SF-Glock large frame w/flatter backstrap 45 ACP
G30-Large shortened frame, compact slide/barell length 45 ACP
G30SF-Large shortened frame, compact slide/barell length w/flatter backstrap 45 ACP

·
Banned
18,888 Posts
The G30 is a sweet gun. The G21 is the same size as my G20, which is a chunk(medium hands here). You can't go wrong with one of the 30 models, either regular or SF.

·
BIG DAWG #1562
119 Posts
the G30sf is my favorite gun of all and I have large hands but it fits me well. Try the G30sf, you'll like it.

·
Banned
2,598 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy the 21,30 and 36. You can never have too many. :cool:

·
Registered
255 Posts
G30 all the way!

·
Registered
728 Posts
If you want the same frame as your Glock17, the only option is the Glock37.

The glock 30's have a thicker frame, and are also quite shorter on the grip, so if you're used to a full size gun, your pinky will hate that gun.

I myself stuck with a Glock19 for CCW as it has 16rnd of highly effective 9mm that expand and penetrate almost the SAME as other 45acp rounds,
which I've tested in ballistics material, and has less recoil and thinner slide than a 45acp/gap subcompact.

·
Go Bucks!
264 Posts
Colt 1911, then you have something...unless you can find a G7.:tongueout:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts