Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

NRA Life Member
you sure a gen4 .40 will be compatible with a 9mm gen5??
Mike-M says it's impossible. Some people claim to have put them together and shot them. I don't have a Gen 5 to test the fit, but it doesn't seem like a serious problem.

Reactions: chuck73080

Infidel :)
You know with the way the G45 has taken off in the past couple of years, as popular as it has become in the Glock world and beyond, I wonder if there ever becomes a .40 cal version if THAT is what could finally start to turn it around for the .40 again????

Reactions: -JCN-

Premium Member
That is a score!!!!! Very nice deal, congrats!
Yes, it was a good deal, I added Pachmayr grip extenders to all the 13rd mags and a Tractiongrip/grip sleeve combo to fill in the finger grooves. Still need to do a great deal of practice before I'm as good with it as my G45.

Sadly, I still shoot my Rock Island 1911 10mm best however, at 58oz it is just too much to EDC.

Premium Member
Mike-M says it's impossible. Some people claim to have put them together and shot them. I don't have a Gen 5 to test the fit, but it doesn't seem like a serious problem.
My worry is still that a .40 in a 2 pin gun could be a problem, hence my interest in the Timberwolf frame.

About the time I buy one, Glock will announce a Gen 5 .40 full size frame/4" slide/3 pin version. Just saying...

For that matter, a G23 with an Xgrip. Cheapest way to do it.
Yeah but you still have the finger grooves and the bottom half of the grip isn't rigid. Glock could sell a lot of Gen 5 40 calibers if they offered them in a "Pistol Pack" like Dan Wesson used to do with it's revolvers.

Each pistol pack would contain: One G22 frame, one G23 slide One 357 Sig barrel one 40-t0-9 Glcok factory conversion barrel, two 40/357 magazines, and two 9mm magazines.

forward slide serrations would be optional, MOS would be optional, Black Frame and slide would be standard but Coyote Turd Yellow slides and frames woulds be optional for those who go in for that sort of thing.

Registered
Glock 45/19X
I have no doubt that if Glock offered Gen 5 pistols in 40 S&W (and perhaps even 357sig) they'd sell well enough to justify the effort.

As I've said, I would be in for a Gen 5 Glock 23.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts