Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,515 Posts
I'd love a Gen 5 in all the 40S&W flavors. I think that Glock would easily sell enough to justify the effort.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,515 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
67,107 Posts
Glock is like Nikon Cameras. Slow like molasses. I get it that the sales numbers dont support it BUT I love the G45 and I want a 40 cal version :chatter:
I would love a 22 grip and a 23 slide but would also buy a 5th gen 22 tomorrow. Love having no finger groves.
Yeah there's a few of us that want that too.
That's easy enough to do. Right now .40 cal uppers are cheap. Buy a Glock 45 and put a Glock 23 upper on it. All done.

For $325 more, you can have both a Glock 45 and a Glock 23-45:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-glock-23-complete-upper-slide-barrel-and-spring-night-sights-Gen-4/174268357153?hash=item2893341a21:g:4lEAAOSwvM9erGgo&LH_ItemCondition=3000

Reactions: chuck73080

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,515 Posts

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,515 Posts
Well, figure if you have to reload after 16 rounds of 40 S&W there are bigger problems afoot than not having an Xgrip on your reload mag. And it will still work without it.

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Or buy 3 XGrips and 3 15rd mags. I very seldom carry my G19 frame/G45 slide combo. If I need to be more discreet than my G45, I normally carry my G26 frame/G45 slide combo depicted in my avatar and carry the same 17rd mags for spares.

Since I bought my G23, I just carry it. I bought a G27 frame, but haven't used it with the G23 slide yet.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,515 Posts
When I carry my G26.4 I load it with a G19 mag with Xgrip and simply use another G19 as my spare mag (without Xgrip). It works just fine of course and if I'm in a position where I'm into the second mag I'm not going to care about aesthetics.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Buy a Glock 45 and put a Glock 23 upper on it. All done.
I'm not certain that was a serious suggestion.

Putting a G23 Gen4 or earlier slide assembly on the G45 frame requires its use of a Gen5 Slide Cover Plate in order to fit the slide assembly on a Gen5 frame.

The real problem with the proposal is the cylindrical flat-bottom Gen4 or earlier slide assembly's Firing Pin Safety. The Gen5 Firing Pin Safety of a G45 slopes across its backside width to properly ride up the polymer ramp on the front right side of the Gen5 Trigger Mechanism Housing as the slide recoils. The pre-Gen5 Firing Pin Safety is not properly shaped for that, although it'll work "half-vast" for a while.

Further, the Gen4 or earlier Firing Pin Safety requires precise alignment of the Trigger Bar below it that may be lost if the Magazine Catch is configured to the right side of the grip, as the G45 frame allows. Gen4 Trigger Bars have an alignment bump that assures proper alignment. Gen5 Trigger Bars do not because the Gen5 Firing Pin Safety does not require critical alignment of the Trigger Bar below it to lift adequately. The use of a Gen4 or earlier slide's Firing Pin Safety with a bumpless Gen5 Trigger Bar below it may result in failure to fire if the Magazine Catch is on the right side.

I would not recommend trying to use any pre-Gen5 slide assembly on a Gen5 frame assembly.

Reactions: Deadduck357

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
That's easy enough to do. Right now .40 cal uppers are cheap. Buy a Glock 45 and put a Glock 23 upper on it. All done.

For $325 more, you can have both a Glock 45 and a Glock 23-45:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-glock-23-complete-upper-slide-barrel-and-spring-night-sights-Gen-4/174268357153?hash=item2893341a21:g:4lEAAOSwvM9erGgo&LH_ItemCondition=3000
I paid $365 for a lightly used G23 gen 4 with box 7 13rd mags (six unused) and 1 new 22 rd mag. Hence my desire for the Timberwolf (full size grip/compact size slide) frame.

G23.4.jpg

·
Registered
3,042 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
67,107 Posts
I'm not certain that was a serious suggestion.

Putting a G23 Gen4 or earlier slide assembly on the G45 frame requires its use of a Gen5 Slide Cover Plate in order to fit the slide assembly on a Gen5 frame.

The real problem with the proposal is the cylindrical flat-bottom Gen4 or earlier slide assembly's Firing Pin Safety. The Gen5 Firing Pin Safety of a G45 slopes across its backside width to properly ride up the polymer ramp on the front right side of the Gen5 Trigger Mechanism Housing as the slide recoils. The pre-Gen5 Firing Pin Safety is not properly shaped for that, although it'll work "half-vast" for a while.

Further, the Gen4 or earlier Firing Pin Safety requires precise alignment of the Trigger Bar below it that may be lost if the Magazine Catch is configured to the right side of the grip, as the G45 frame allows. Gen4 Trigger Bars have an alignment bump that assures proper alignment. Gen5 Trigger Bars do not because the Gen5 Firing Pin Safety does not require critical alignment of the Trigger Bar below it to lift adequately. The use of a Gen4 or earlier slide's Firing Pin Safety with a bumpless Gen5 Trigger Bar below it may result in failure to fire if the Magazine Catch is on the right side.

I would not recommend trying to use any pre-Gen5 slide assembly on a Gen5 frame assembly.
So you'd have to spend upwards of $40 and 2 or 3 minutes to put it together? Scratch that idea then.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts