Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I stopped by my LGS and he had a NIB G19 Austrian Gen 3 for $450. I didn't ask the out the door price but I expect it to be about $500 with tax. This seems to be a decent deal after checking prices on the internet. Is this about what you're paying out there? I can get one through the first responder program but the only dealer I could find in MO was in Saint Louis and he quoted me a long wait. Anyone know of another first responder dealer in MO?

·
Registered
103 Posts
In this area a normal walk-in price for a G19 Gen3 is $490-$500 before taxes.

Have you tried looking online for a better price?? IIRC budsgunshop.com offers a discount program.

BK

·
Registered
337 Posts
Check and see if you qualify for Glock's Blue Lable program. Discount for military and LEO types. Google it....

·
Registered
436 Posts
Fine price. I wouldn't buy another gen 3 I do not like the grip as much as the gen 4

Skip - looks like he knows he could get a blue label but the only blue label dealer is far away

molan labe

·
98.SiG and Rising!
777 Posts
I would see if he would do $475 OTD. I have a G19 Gen 3 and it is one of my favorite pistols. I shoot it better than most of my other pistols and it has been flawless. JMHO

·
Registered
687 Posts
a gen 3 goes for around $500 - $525 in my area for 9mm Glocks

·
Registered
59,811 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just got a Gen 3 19 but had to shell out $519. worth it though, it is everything I have heard about it, love it. I just don't fret over every last dollar, I want, I get, 70 years old and within reason do what I want.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks for the responses. Glock sent me a spreadsheet with about 15 blue label dealers in MO. One was only 25 miles away. Unfortunately none of them had what I wanted and would not estimate a delivery date. I stopped by the Fort Leonard Wood PX and they had two G19 Gen 3 Austrian built guns in stock. It cost me $490 out the door. Not a great price but was reasonable to me. What really surprised me was they had about 75 pistols in the showcase which is a lot for around here. I commented on that and the manager told me they have over 950 guns of different manufacturers in stock and people have to ask for what they want. That blew me away! That is a tremendous inventory. They also had lots of gun related stuff like OE magazines and such. They had a basket on the floor that was about 4'x4'x4' over flowing with Magpul AR magazines for $13 each. Glock mags were $26 to $28 each. This PX is VERY WELL stocked. There are no taxes or shipping so the slightly higher cost than what might be available on the internet is not a problem. There are no purchase limits on anything.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I hit the range today with the G19. I fired 200 rds of my 115g FMJ handloads and one magazine each of 147g Ranger RA9T and 124g Ranger RA9BA. There were no problems of any type. I've been reading a few threads where people are hit in the face with brass, etc. All brass was ejected to the right and none towards my face or body. I've also read that people are receiving new guns with the slide already marked up or defects in the finish. Mine is perfect with no marks on the gun and no defects in the finish. Mine was shipped with the Gen 3 magazines and not Gen 4. I did buy a Gen 4 spare mag and it works fine too. A friend is giving me 5 magazines for free from a gun he sold. I ordered a chestnut colored Comp-Tac MTAC holster since it was on sale for $15 off. They are discontinuing that color. I don't care what color it is since it will be concealed. This gun purchase has worked out well.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Buying a lightly used gen 4 G19 with night sights, 5 mags and a Desantis owb holster for $550 tomorrow. If you don't mind used there are deals out there.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Congrats on your new 19. FWIW, blue label dealers around me in Georgia get mostly Gen 4's. Was told that was because they mostly cater to LEOs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a chestnut colored Comp-Tac MTAC holster since it was on sale for $15 off. They are discontinuing that color. I don't care what color it is since it will be concealed. This gun purchase has worked out well.

You will love this holster. Wear it every single day for at least 2 weeks and get the cant just right. Also try to wear it while working up a decent sweat to get the leather to form just right. Each night, take it off an set it in in the open, leather up to dry. Avoid the temptation to trim the struts that attach to the leather backing for at least that two week period. I hope you ordered the "C" clips. -Got my G19 Gen 3 with 3 mags NIB for 440. I concur, it's a fantastic platform.

best,
SG

1 - 20 of 20 Posts