Walther PPS versus Baby Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kaherndon, Aug 29, 2007.

1. kaherndon

kaherndon Guest

Walther PPS 9mm single stack versus Glock 26 (Baby Glock).

Let the debate begin.

Anyone want to comment on the fat Glock grip versus the recoil of a single stack 9 mm and lighter frame of the Walther, please do so. It would be a great help. I'm trying to decide whether to get a Glock 26 with a +0 grip extender or a single stack 9mm Walther PPS.

I'm leaning towards the Glock, after much debate over in the Concealed Carry forum, but I have very small hands. Not yet decided.

Also, can someone tell me what the sights are like on the PPS? I happen to LOVE the U sights on the Glock, and my preferred Glock is a 19. Incidentally, I own a Walther P99 and I HATE the sights. I used to carry a PPKS .380, but was not too crazy about the force of the slide/recoil. I shoot better with the Glock 19.

2. uncut

uncut

Well I love my Walther's and I shot the PPS in Germany.
    But first I would like to let you know that you can get the "U" shaped rear sight from Earl's repairservice for your P99... these are called the "Euro" sights on the P99. I am not sure how much you pay for them but they are available.
    Now to the PPS/G26
    Go to a shop and see if they have a PPS in stock for you to fondle.
    I have a bunch of info on the PPS and I have one on order also.
    They are great.... built on the .40SW, which is going to be the exact same size as the 9mm is right now. Just that the opening on the slide for the casing to eject is a bit bigger.
    So you can imagine how sweet the PPS in 9mm shoots.
    There is also a review on www.gunblast.com that has a video of the regular black production PPS being shot. And on in Septembers Guns & Ammo with a preproduction PPS.
    *edit
    so far the sights on the PPS are 3 dot....... not sure if and when the other ones will be out

3. kaherndon

kaherndon Guest

Thanks for the info Uncut. I sent Earl's an email asking them about the Euro sights, since they don't appear on their accessories page for the P99. That would be a big improvement in sights.

4. kaherndon

kaherndon Guest

Went to Gunblast. Man that PPS has some really nice features. One thing I love about my P99 is the ambidextrous magazine release, and I'm happy to see it on the PPS too. I can't believe that it comes with interchangeable back straps like the P99. And including the magazine with the extension bottom--very smart. I love it when a company does their homework. Now, if they'd just market u-sights! : ) I wonder if the Euro sights for the P99 would work on it. Hmmm. And the removeable backstrap that renders it inoperable is a very nice feature for anyone with kids. I recommended it to my neighbor yesterday for just that feature alone.

5. uncut

uncut

The PPS comes with a lot more....
    It is impossible to remove the slide while a mag is inserted.... not gonna happen
    yes the backstrap is nice..... it is also nice that you don't have to pull the trigger to decock it for cleaning....
    the sights of the P99 will not work on the PPS to the best of my knowledge..
    I can tell you one thing though.... the PPS is a dream to shoot and for as small as the gun is there is hardly any muzzle flip. I am 100% this has to do with it being build from the ground on the .40S&W . The trigger is sweet.
    The size might not be as small as many wish and rant about... why get this gun if 'such and such' is much smaller and less money....
    Well many forget that since 1968 guns have to measure 10 inches in length and highth to make it into this country... no less than 4 high and no less than 6 long.... so there you have it... it is as small as possible for importation....
    I would wait to buy till you had the chance to put your hands on one and then decide G26 or PPS

6. Caladan

Caladan

I love Walthers in general, and have three of them. However, I was underwhelmed when I finally had the chance to hold a new PPS. Yes, it's thinner than a G26, but IMHO not enough to cancel out the larger capacity of the Glock. When I consider the extra cost and lower capacity of the PPS, I'm happy with the Glock 26 that I already have.

If I want a 9mm that is smaller and easier to conceal than my G26 (and the PPS), I'll just get a Kahr. Come to think about it, I already did....

Caladan

7. kensteele

kensteele

I'll have to agree with this. I was in love with the PPS on paper until I handled it. Not impressed as a pocket pistol from a size perspective.