Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the Walther fans.

I have been looking for one of these for years...finally found one. 99% +. Box, docs, target etc. There are very few of them out there and, I think they only made them for about a year or so.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, sorry. Stainless PPK in .32 ACP. I've owned several in .380. I'm guessing they made a couple hundred .380 for every .32.

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
This is an Interarms?

Why does it say "Made in USA"? I thought Interarms was the importer??

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interarms was the importer for years. For a period of time, early 80's through the 90's, Interarms got the license to build them in the US. They contracted Ranger manufacturing to make them in the US.

The Walther PP series have been made in Germany, France and America under license. Stainless ones were only made in the US.

·
****** Viejo
29,795 Posts
Very nice find. tom. :supergrin:

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By Smith and Wesson.
Prior to Smith and Wesson, Interarms was having them made by Ranger. Then Walther and finally S&W. Its a pretty convoluted trail.

From MGMike on the Walther forum:

1) Interarms itself never made or assembled Walther pistols, nor did Walther USA LLC. Manufacture was sublicensed to a defense contracting firm in Gadsden, Alabama, Mid-South Industries Inc. Among other things they made fuses for cluster bombs for the Air Force, and for the Army rebuilt M16s into M16A2s. Mid-South wore many different corporate hats, includiing Etowah, Ranger Manufacturing, Black Creek, etc., etc. on whose books the Walther manufacture was internally assigned at various times. It was the same factory. A marking variance had been obtained from BATF so that the only names that appeared on the guns were Walther's and Interarms'.

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
Thanks, Sgt.

My PPK says "Made in America" on the side also.

Uh...what is says on the OTHER side...well....<sigh><:crying:>

:whistling::rofl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts