Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A close friend came into a Walther PP via a trade recently that he'd like to sell and would like a ball park idea of what it should bring. I'll provide as much info on it as I can. I thank you in advance for your opinions.

1. It looks to have some finish remaining. The collector he got it from says that is original.
2. The metal itself is in fair condition. Has pits.
3. The bore is good.
4. It is very good mechanically and functions well.
5. 1960's production.
6. 7.65 cal.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
A decent condition surplus German police Walther PP in 32 acp sells for $500-650. Lots for sale on GunBroker. PP and PPK are very popular surplus guns in part because they use still common ammo (32 acp or 380 acp) and the magazines are still being produced and are inexpensive. On the other hand, I have a Sig P230 that is high quality but factory magazines are now scarce and sell for $100+ so demand for the pistols is lower.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Pics are up. This is the first I'm seeing it. W. German. Matching slide & frame #'s. It looks like there is some finish on top but the slide has light pits. Obvious replacement grips. This pistol was basically a bonus to him along with the proceeds he got with the sale of a very collectible SS issue PPK.

·
NRA Benefactor
5,996 Posts
Poor condition, no import or police markings, no French markings. From what I understand, all the Walthers were made in France at Manhurin and the country where they were finished was the country stamped. German finished Walthers were stamped 'Made in Germany', French finished Walthers were stamped 'Made in France'.

In the 80's, when the W German police traded up to the 9mm P5, P6, and P7, the market was flooded with the PP's for around $159 and the P1's (Allow P-38's) for $189. These all came with an extra magazine and the service holster. They also came with a factory box, cleaning tools, and a factory test fire target, Many had a number stamped on them which I assume was the department inventory number. Most had bores that were worn from cleaning. . I was under the impression that they cleaned their guns regularly whether they had fired them or not.

Mine must have been carried by a Sgt or Lt, because the bore was pristine as well as the external finish. Whoever carried it also wrote his name in the holster.

My 2 cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts