Walther P99 with AS Trigger 9mm

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Larry V, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Larry V

Larry V

Does anyone else enjoy shooting this gun. It is a blast. I shoot it faster then my 19.Also fits my hand like a glove. Love the AS trigger system and the fact u can decock a hammerless pistol!

2. python357

python357 Old Fart in training

3. mdfd

mdfd

I have a 1st gen and love it!:cool:

4. vantage

vantage

I own a first generation P99 in 40 S&W. It has consistently been one of the most accurate pistols I own measured against SIG, HK and others.

I recently bought a second generation P99 in 9mm, and although I don't mind the recoil of the 40S&W, the 9mm truly is a breeze. The AS triggers are crisp, the ergonomics are excellent and the fit and feel are a Walther. I think really highly of the P99, in my mind it's the most underrated pistol out there.

5. P99er

P99er MGTOW??

Yep. I've taken one of the early versions through numerous classes, never a problem.

I have them in the earliest version, I guess you can call that generation 1, and recent versions. What they now call the "AS" trigger, is what used to be the SA\DA in 2000. I guess with the QA trigger on the market now, they had to come up with a more marketable name for the SA\DA. But I don't feel any difference in the SA\DA of 2000, and the AS of 2009.

IMO, the P-99 is the best of the best. I own HK, Sig, Glock, SW, XD and Ruger, but the P-99 is the sweetest.

If I'm not mistaken, and I will be corrected if I am, Walther was the first to have the 3 backstrap set up, which is the key to it's ergonomics.

Another sweet feature is how gripping the handle pulls the tang down into the web of your hand. There is just something special about the way it feels in your hand.

6. raven11

raven11

the P99 was my first handgun and is great to shoot, the trigger is unique and i wish more striker fired pistols used its design.

it now pulls nightstand duty with a TLR-3 attached , later this year i may order a pair of night sights too

7. P99er

P99er MGTOW??

Another cool feature of the P-99 is that you can put the sights on yourself.

8. 10mm Sonny

10mm Sonny

I agree x2

[​IMG]

9. Zagato

Zagato

id trade my colt 1911 for a black 9mm with AS trigger....:whistling:

10. mnhogrider

mnhogrider

For me, It's the most accurate 9MM I own. I had a hard time finding one with the AS trigger when I had "the fever".

11. Larry V

Larry V

I totally agree with everything you said. I won Glocks , Sigs, HK, Smith MP's, Springfield, Beretta and the P99 fits and shoots fantastic, Very underated indeed!!

12. RyanSBHF

RyanSBHF Senior Member

It's one of the most underrated pistols on the market.

13. UniversalBrow06

UniversalBrow06

I think the Walther P99 (w/AS trigger) and the Steyr M-A1 are the two most underrated, best shooting and best feeling polymers on the market. They both are quality, have good triggers, feel wonderful in the hand, are reliable, accurate, and durable. The Walther is more expensive of course, but it also much have just a slight edge when it comes to ergonomics.

14. Rusty Trigger

Rusty Trigger

I was shopping for another handgun, seen a Walther P99 (used) in NEW condition (about 95%) I ask if I could shoot it. They gave me a box of 9mm ammo, I shot 14 rounds and took it back inside and said "I want it" didn't even know the price until I wrote check. ABSOLUTELY the finest shooting handgun I've ever touched. It is the A.S. 2003 model.

BTW does anyone know where to get a rail adapter for a pre 2004 closed rail Watlther P99 ? Can't find one to save my life... Do dearly love the Walther P99.

[​IMG][/IMG]