close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Walter PPK

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by zzz, Jan 20, 2005.

1. zzz

zzz BoG # ???

Good Evening, BoGs! : )
    Newbie here so please be gentle :-D

I just need your opinion since I know some of you guys are gun collectors or gun enthusiasts, if not all. Well, my officemate has this old walther ppk which he said he inherited from his grandfather. He doesn't like it because it's chambered in .22 cal.

Now, he is selling it to me for 30K or trade it in for another gun in a higher caliber. He said it's a collector's item thus for the high price. Upon checking the gun, I searched the net and found out that it is a 1968 German Walther PPK (just like James Bond's gun in a lower cal.). Maliit lang ito, halos sinlaki ng kamay ko...Fired it myself and the ol' chap is still accurate within close range around 15 to 20 yards. Though the finger extension on the magazine has been chipped out, the gun still looks fresh because of proper maintenance I guess.

So, what do you think? Is it worth it? I don't have any gun to swap and he won't accept my Rogun airgun for a trade. hehe baka lang kumagat =D

I would appreciate any inputs you may have :) Thanks for your time!

2. 9MX

9MX Rei!

I dunno about the price but:

ask yourself why you want it. if you don't see yourself becoming a serious gun collector, don't bother. if you want to a james bond like pistol with the original firepower. get the bersa thunder .380, its new, highly reliable (look for horge's website about it), value for money pa;z

3. zzz

zzz BoG # ???

I appreciate the quick reply, Sir 9MX! :)

Not sure kasi kung mahal sa presyo yung type nung pistol. What confuses me is the thought that it might be a rare find here in the Philippines since I read/heard that those type of gun were banned from importation. Is this true? kasi bakit yung nakarating dito?

And thanks for the tip about the Bersa...I'll surely search that one and Sir Horge's site =)

4. zzz

zzz BoG # ???

5. 9MX

9MX Rei!

try checking with pb dionisio, i think they have the .22 model.

6. zzz

zzz BoG # ???

:::Jotting:::

Thanks again, Sir 9MX ;W

I'm glad I found this forum. Bihira lang po kasi mga Fora na puro pinoy and that talks about guns dito sa atin. It took me 2 to 3 months to find this :)

7. paltik45

paltik45

Sir just what the others have posted, it is ok if you will be into gun collecting. The other factor is your location (Philippines) which doesn't have any gun collectors club. Unlike in some other countries like here(USA) which has a monthly or quarterly collectors show. You can trade or auction your firearms at a reasonable rate. I know several people back home na merong COLT 1911 in mint condition that has a very low serial no# with the original magasine. I think that gun will sell like hotcake at the price of $9,000:cool: . Finaly .22cal is not meant for defense. Get a modern firearms in a higher caliber that will serve its purpose and 30K pesos is kinda steep just save your money. I found that 1911 at Taal, Batangas. I offerred the old man some cash and a baby ARMALITE, pero ayaw talaga. ;g One more thing, if I can have money and means to get those M1 GARAND (SPRINGFIELD) back home I'll be a rich bastard here in USA.;e

8. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Like what 9MX said, it would be great if you would be into collecting rare guns. But 30k for me, is a very steep price for a gun whose slide will likely bite your hand (Walther bite) during shooting.

My advice is to postpone your purchase and browse the BOG forum some more. 30k will enable you to check out a wide choice of guns-- in bigger calibers.

9. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

I agrre. there are lots of better choices out there in .380 cal with more affordable price tags. CZ-83 13 rds in mag for P21,000.00 is a good choice. Bersa guns also have a good reputation. You will want deep penetration with a .380 anyway so fmj's make a lot of sense. You dont need a P30K gun to feed fmj's

10. gunfool

gunfool

Ya, keep your 30K then call Deenoh and ask how much is a new glock 17.;f You may also inquire with Ultra Systems at SM Megamall, two weeks backs I'd seen their ads on a newspaper, price of brand new CZ75 was at 29K. :cool:

Welcome to the forum by the way!

11. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

Welcome zzz, listen to the advise of these people...mga pros yan mga yan when it comes to firearms! You will learn a lot here...

Regards,;F ^5 ^c

12. nrmcolt

nrmcolt What?

Yes, I agree w/ fellow BOG members, for 30T makakakuha ka ng BERSA 380, extra magazine,holster and lots of practice ammo at baka may sukli ka pa.;f

Welcome and regards

'I rather have it but don't need it, than not have it when I need it'

13. flyboy 1

flyboy 1 Sir Yes Sir!!

Yup, P30T is rather steep for an old Walther in .22cal. For that money you have a lot more modern choices within your reach.

Welcome to the BOGS!! ;F

14. infinitecolt

infinitecolt

Don't buy guns just for collecting it. Buy guns because you love shooting. You'll still end up with a collection anyways since you'll never stop buying guns. After a few years you'll have a collection.:)

15. gunfool

gunfool

This caliber reminds me of my teenage days. Nabaril yung isa sa barkada ko habang papunta kami sa disco. May tama sya sa tyan, so tinanong namin kung dalhin namin sa hospital pero noong makita madaming magagandang tsiks umayaw. Tinalian ko lang ng panyo at hayun nag-enjoy pa magdamag at nagpadala lang sa hospital noong umaga.;f I doubt kung 9mm yun or 45 aabutin pa ng umaga yung kumag na yun.;e

16. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

17. zzz

zzz BoG # ???

I appreaciate the warm welcome, BoGs!

wow! dami sumagot! can't thank you guys enough :)

Simply priceless. Yes, the price has driven me to post this here!
    benta nya ng 10K bilhin ko pa haha

I agree with you, nrmcolt...actually matagal na ako nagle-lurk sa BoG Forum since I found it....dami ko natutunan, especially those stories with legal contents...it gives me insight on what to do if that happens to me. Though I know, it has come to the point that it's now getting out of hand and needs to be stopped. I do understand :)

Again, you guys rock! thank you for your time!

18. 9MX

9MX Rei!

i'd put my money on the cz-75 platform anytime. why? its because i use the cz-85b on ipsc matches. same platform, ambidextrous lang. but i'd rather buy it sa pb dionisio,

19. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

i saw the ppk/s before the james bond movie. it stood out from the rest of the guns in terms of design, size, etc. did lots of research on that gun but after i tried firing it...

it still looks great
    it still fits well in my hand
    it still is perfect in my pocket

but for something i would protect my home with, bring to the range, and trust my life to, it would have to be a glock.

unless i'm a serious gun collector who does not mind spending on annual fees and maintenance.

20. gunfool

gunfool

Sir, am planning also of getting a CZ in the next few months. Any particular reason why you prefer PB than Ultra Systems?