Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Got a couple of boxes and used them in a G26 and G34.
Both guns worked just fine, accuracy at 25 yards was as good as I can get with any ammo, at 15 yards holes on top of each other.
Ejection good, I don't think it is +P, at the same time it is not underpowered like the WWB trash that gives us problems.
I didn't think to chronograph it, I hope somebody will and post.
In the mean time I bought some more. I like it.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Yes and no, in my opinion.

I used to shoot the Fiocchi FMJ range ammo and it did okay.

But when I tried out the JHP Extrema XTP ammo it varied quite a bit.

The 124-grain Extrema seemed even weaker than standard pressure 124-grain Remington Golden Saber, which I understand is designed to open up well at 1125 fps velocity. This Fiocchi ammo carried the SAAMI logo on the box.

The 115-grain Extrema on the other hand felt like a +P round even though it's standard pressure. It carried the CIP logo on the box. In addition, this round was remarkably and consistently accurate for a mediocre marksman like me. I carried it in the small 9mm pistol I owned that wasn't rated for +P ammos.

For the range, today I'd pay the extra dollar for the Federal FMJ ammo.
The CIP allows higher maximum pressure, I don't know if there is a low limit.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Anyone know if this is loaded hot? I don't think the CZ999 is rated for +p. Anyone have any experiences with this stuff?
I recently had the chance to shoot it side by side with some NATO WW ammo.
Although the bullet weight was not the same on both to make a better comparison, based on the recoil I experienced I will say that it was loaded milder than the NATO ammo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.