Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to walmart to find the cheapest crap I can feed a new cz999 I just ordered. The only thing they had was Perfecta ammo manufactured by Tulammo in Italy? It was pricey @ $13.97/ 50 round box, but it is brass so I got a few boxes. Anyone know if this is loaded hot? I don't think the CZ999 is rated for +p. Anyone have any experiences with this stuff?

·
Code-7A KUZ769
3,251 Posts
Perfecta brand ammo is made by Fiocchi of Italy for Tulammo. It shouldn't be that much different from Fiocchi's own brand ammo.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I saw that ammo at wally world too.there was a 1000 round case on the counter but it never made it into the ammo cabinet for sale.funny.kinda blows out there 3 boxes max theory.

·
Banned
4,473 Posts
I just bought a bunch of it in 223. At < 19$ for a box of 50 brass cased it is quite a steal.

·
Banned
6,281 Posts
Perfecta brand ammo is made by Fiocchi of Italy for Tulammo. It shouldn't be that much different from Fiocchi's own brand ammo.

Thanks for the heads up.

On another note, I chronographed some new Fiocchi 9mm 115 gr. ball awhile back and it has been "dumbed" down. It regularly gave 1,200 fps in a G19 in the past and now it gave me a five shot avg. of 1,104 fps.

·
Banned
14,313 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

On another note, I chronographed some new Fiocchi 9mm 115 gr. ball awhile back and it has been "dumbed" down. It regularly gave 1,200 fps in a G19 in the past and now it gave me a five shot avg. of 1,104 fps.
I've gotten that impression before, :sad:

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
I had to run a couple errands on my way home from work yesterday 1. Stop by WM (Indianapolis IN) (Emmerson/465) for a restaurant gift card for my daughter and her husbands 2nd wedding anniversary. Then drop by POPS Indoor range at Washington and Post, where I have a membership to get something. So, I stopped by WM and they had Federal 9mm and Perfecta, $14.97, or $13.97, el cheapo that I am and having never tried it, I got a box of Perfecta.

Next on to Pops, and after getting what I needed, I decided to send all fifty roinds of the newly purchased Perfecta, down range in a Glock-26 2.5 Gen, I just happened to have with me that day.

I should have spent the extra $1 on the Federal IMHO, the Perfecta fed and fired fine, but was kinda inaccurate compared to the Federal I have been used to, and seemed to me to be differently powered up. Some rounds felt weak, some in the same mag from the same box were more powerful.

Cheap range ammo for the ol lady to use in her G-17, but for me, I will go Federal or Winchester for me. By the way, there were no restrictions on how many boxes you could buy at that WM unless it was .22LR, of which none was to be found.

·
NRA Life Member
66,447 Posts
I went to walmart to find the cheapest crap I can feed a new cz999 I just ordered. The only thing they had was Perfecta ammo manufactured by Tulammo in Italy? It was pricey @ $13.97/ 50 round box, but it is brass so I got a few boxes. Anyone know if this is loaded hot? I don't think the CZ999 is rated for +p. Anyone have any experiences with this stuff?
I saw that, but decided I'd rather pay $1 more for Federal. Didn't even seem like that required thinking about.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Got a couple of boxes and used them in a G26 and G34.
Both guns worked just fine, accuracy at 25 yards was as good as I can get with any ammo, at 15 yards holes on top of each other.
Ejection good, I don't think it is +P, at the same time it is not underpowered like the WWB trash that gives us problems.
I didn't think to chronograph it, I hope somebody will and post.
In the mean time I bought some more. I like it.

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
Got a couple of boxes and used them in a G26 and G34.
Both guns worked just fine, accuracy at 25 yards was as good as I can get with any ammo, at 15 yards holes on top of each other.
Ejection good, I don't think it is +P, at the same time it is not underpowered like the WWB trash that gives us problems.
I didn't think to chronograph it, I hope somebody will and post.
In the mean time I bought some more. I like it.
For practice ball ammo, my requirements are simple: cycle the gun and cheap. :supergrin:

·
Tread Lightly
13,286 Posts
Picked up a box of .40sw a few weeks back and was pleasantly surprised. Fed ejected and fired well.

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
Fiocchi is good stuff
Yes and no, in my opinion.

I used to shoot the Fiocchi FMJ range ammo and it did okay.

But when I tried out the JHP Extrema XTP ammo it varied quite a bit.

The 124-grain Extrema seemed even weaker than standard pressure 124-grain Remington Golden Saber, which I understand is designed to open up well at 1125 fps velocity. This Fiocchi ammo carried the SAAMI logo on the box.

The 115-grain Extrema on the other hand felt like a +P round even though it's standard pressure. It carried the CIP logo on the box. In addition, this round was remarkably and consistently accurate for a mediocre marksman like me. I carried it in the small 9mm pistol I owned that wasn't rated for +P ammos.

For the range, today I'd pay the extra dollar for the Federal FMJ ammo.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Yes and no, in my opinion.

I used to shoot the Fiocchi FMJ range ammo and it did okay.

But when I tried out the JHP Extrema XTP ammo it varied quite a bit.

The 124-grain Extrema seemed even weaker than standard pressure 124-grain Remington Golden Saber, which I understand is designed to open up well at 1125 fps velocity. This Fiocchi ammo carried the SAAMI logo on the box.

The 115-grain Extrema on the other hand felt like a +P round even though it's standard pressure. It carried the CIP logo on the box. In addition, this round was remarkably and consistently accurate for a mediocre marksman like me. I carried it in the small 9mm pistol I owned that wasn't rated for +P ammos.

For the range, today I'd pay the extra dollar for the Federal FMJ ammo.
The CIP allows higher maximum pressure, I don't know if there is a low limit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just found some 9mm at Walmart for $10/box. Picked up a couple of boxes and took it to the range for testing, It shot fine through my G17 and M&P, just like other range ammo such as winchester white box, remington umc and federal. The price is at least $3 less per box than the others so I'll shoot it when I can get it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It is really pretty good ammo, I get it for 9.67 but have heard they are going to stop selling it. It is clean burning and pretty accurate, I have never had a problem with it in my shield 9mm or in my .380 g42.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Anyone know if this is loaded hot? I don't think the CZ999 is rated for +p. Anyone have any experiences with this stuff?
I recently had the chance to shoot it side by side with some NATO WW ammo.
Although the bullet weight was not the same on both to make a better comparison, based on the recoil I experienced I will say that it was loaded milder than the NATO ammo.

·
Supports Our Flag
4,143 Posts
The Perfecta 9mm at Walmart is made by Fiocchi and is cheap in price but not cheap in quality.

It is the best deal going right now in target FMJ. Great stuff.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts