Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
XenomorphHunter
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Walmart today picking up .40 cal and 22LR. At the check out the lady ask if the 22LR was for a rifle or pistol. I said it it could be used for both. Her reply was that the cash register told her to ask the question and she needed a definitive answer. I just said it is for a rifle to get the hell out there.

Has anyone else experience this at Walmart? Why do they need to know such information for just 100 rds of CCI 22LR?:dunno:

Just seemed a little weird...:crazy:

·
XenomorphHunter
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an ID thing. They can sell rifle ammo to 18 year olds, but pistol ammo only to 21 and up.

That makes sense. The funny thing about the whole scenario is that I showed her my ID for the .40 cal, without her asking and before she scanned the 22 ammo. :dunno:

There is never a dull moment at Walmart!:bluesbrothers:

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Wanna blow their minds? Say it's for a submachinegun.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
LOL Did it in Mississippi, the clerk didn't say anything for a good 20 seconds, then says "Its fer a wut?"

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
That makes sense. The funny thing about the whole scenario is that I showed her my ID for the .40 cal, without her asking and before she scanned the 22 ammo. :dunno:

There is never a dull moment at Walmart!:bluesbrothers:
I would think she would have asked if both boxes were for pistols or rifles at the same time. Since it can go either way today with pistol caliber carbines.:dunno:

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Not to long ago I went to Walmart to pick up a bulk pack of Federal in .223 and the lady asked me what kind of rifle uses this ammo. I said I use it in my AR15. She asked me what kind of rifle that was. I told her. The lady got nervous and said aren’t those illegal. I told her she has been watching too much of CNN.:faint:

·
Registered
17,314 Posts
The reason she asked is because the computer told her to ask. Your average Walmart employee has an IQ about the same as a box of hair. So they do what the computer tells them to.

The .40 S+W is probably in their computer as handgun ammo so she didn't ask what it was for.

Anyhow Davegrave had it right it's an age thing for rifle and handgun ammo sales.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Wanna blow their minds? Say it's for a submachinegun.

better yet machine gun most dont understand the sub verse machine gun and the shock and AWE is better with MG

·
a.k.a. DaReaper
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Glad to see I'm not the only one with a slightly twisted sense of humor...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
204 Posts
I would think she would have asked if both boxes were for pistols or rifles at the same time. Since it can go either way today with pistol caliber carbines.:dunno:
I agree except she probably has no idea about guns or ammo and also probably doesn't know the reason behind why she is asking. The computer tells them to do everything... Can't expect them to be too "with it" can we? :whistling:

·
10mm defender
2,398 Posts
Is it for a rifle or a pistol?

No, it's for small, cute forest creatures that I enjoy eating.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Your average Walmart employee has an IQ about the same as a box of hair.
So that must really offend you with your doctorate in Theoretical Physics. Too bad some people have to work on their feet 8 hours a day for barely above minimum wage and deal with condescending idiots. Then again not everyone can be as smart as you. My father taught me that anyone who works for a living is entitled to dignity and respect. But an effete intellectual such as yourself probably doesn't subscribe to that maxim.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I agree except she probably has no idea about guns or ammo and also probably doesn't know the reason behind why she is asking. The computer tells them to do everything... Can't expect them to be too "with it" can we? :whistling:
I agree most of the people working the Sporting Goods counter at Walmart are not very knowledgeable in what they sell. They are there just to collect the money.:faint:

The one Walmart by me now has an older guy at the counter and he likes to go shooting. When they are not busy, we talk about guns. I would think employee’s that likes to hunt or fish should be working in the Sporting Goods Dept. but I don’t run that Circus.:dunno:

·
Registered
44 Posts
So that must really offend you with your doctorate in Theoretical Physics. Too bad some people have to work on their feet 8 hours a day for barely above minimum wage and deal with condescending idiots. Then again not everyone can be as smart as you. My father taught me that anyone who works for a living is entitled to dignity and respect. But an effete intellectual such as yourself probably doesn't subscribe to that maxim.
I dont think he meant anything by what he said. He merely stated that the average walmart employee isnt that smart. He never said he didnt respect them as a person. The employees deserve respect because they are working for a living but saying that the avg. employee isnt very smart isnt too much of a stretch. The truth hurts a little sometime.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts