Walmart AR finds and questions

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by kettlebellman, Apr 22, 2012.

1. kettlebellman

kettlebellman

Sig M400 in dark green Magpul furniture 5.56 $917
    Bushmaster all black $897
    DPMS Panther no sights $597

I like the Sig but can it fire .223?
    I like the Bushmaster
    I don't like the Panther. Really looked junky and cheap esp with no sights!

Pretty good prices. Still looking for the elusive Colt!

2. smokin762

smokin762

Yes, if it is chambered in 5.56 you can use .223 rem in it. Just not the other way around.

Have you considered buying the upper and lower in separete components? They don't have to be from the same manufacture and this way, you can have what you want.

3. kettlebellman

kettlebellman

No I haven't... Any recommendations?

4. Rancher

Rancher

Great price on the Sig, the one at my WM did not last a week. Exact description of the one you are talking about. I prefer Colt's but don't think you can go wrong with the Sig.

Lots of trash talked about them but if you listen close it usually comes from someone who has never owned one and heard a story from a friend, that or read it on the internet.

Rancher

5. copo9560

copo9560

Keep looking - our local Wally has the Colt for $1097 - they can be found.

6. phalanxr

phalanxr

Stay away from the SIG.

I owned an M400 for a while and was astounded in the poor quality it displayed. I took it back to the local shop here and they sent it back to SIG.

The cerakote was too thick, it got in the way of pretty much everything.

I couldnt rack the bolt carrier back in the amount of effort I wanted.

The Ambi mag release gets in the way.

The bolt carrier I had was grainy and felt porous. Wiped off the factory grease when i got home, threw some break free on it and the whole BCG felt like sand.

Put the BCG back together nothing fit properly, Ive owned/own several AR's, as well as my job has me using one anytime im not in the crapper.

I sat back and actually looked at the bolt before I tried to force it all back together and didnt see anything obvious. Drenched the internals in break free, forced it back together and cycled it for a few hours watching netflix and got it to be smooth. It absolutely poured "poured" tan paint out of the back near the charging handle.

Took it to the range, had 4 pmags. Had a bout 200 rounds of american eagle .223, and an ammo can of military green tip.

Numerous stove pipes later, I dissasembled it at the range, cleaned it again, BCG still gritty. Cleaned the mags, gun goes bang everytime but kept getting stove pipes with all 4 mags and both brands of ammo.

Fun times, now im rocking an Arsenal AK with Circle 10 mags, havent cleaned it in 2000 rounds no issues.

-phal